Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard to install by yourself? Directions look pretty straight forward , have factory ones on now, those must be removed , I guess the trick is to make sure they look straight ( perpendicular to ground ) and also do rear wheels have to be removed for rear flap install .

·
Registered
213 Posts
I don't have any mud flaps at all asked them not to include when I ordered my vehicle. Tempted to go with these but kind of expensive.

How do you like these bradze? Do they fit solid...no issues with the mounting?

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
They are very easy to mount. A little fiddling just to get them level but on a scale of 1-10 difficulty...it is about a 1...seriously easy.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
so far 4 of my cars have had rally armor mudflaps. one set of mudflaps was on my wife's '08 impreza for 3.5 years til we traded it for a '12 impreza. a little degreaser and they looked like i bought em the day before. rally armor urethane flaps are far far superior than any factory "mud flaps." the outback was the easiest of any vehicles to put them on. if you can use a screwdriver, you can put these on.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys! I think I will give it a try myself, That one back bracket looks hard on rear flap ,do you go from underneath ? Yes stubby screw driver good idea ! the lesson is don`t order oem flaps too cheesey, no coverage, cheap plastic etc etc

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think it costs $140 straight up from all distributors. You might be able to find a free shipping coupon code but that's about it. No discounts or deals otherwise as this brand seems to be the only legit aftermarket option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Scoobie13
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing