Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i 6-speed
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this is my first post. I have been browsing through the forums since I bought my car. I have owned my 2012 2.5i 6-speed for a little less than a month. I have already put 2700 miles on her and have loved every mile.

I am wondering how far the Rally Armor mud flaps hang down from the car? And how wide they are?

·
Registered
Black 2010 OB 2.5i Premium CVT
1,409 Posts
The hang via bolts in the same place the OEM flaps do. They are pretty wide. I believe they are wider then the tire. You can make them either stand out a some from the body or be flush with it. I have my fronts stand out a tad and the rears flush. My OB seems to benefit from the fronts being out. the sides(doors) of my OB are much cleaner.

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts

·
Registered
2012 outback limited
237 Posts
VERY HAPPY with ours, drove some off roads with lots of gravel and rocks flying from tires. Expected to see all kinds of paint knicks, but none found. Was not driving crazy, but trying not to kick up much, about 20 mph.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
5,019 Posts
...put mine on last week. Had to take off the OEM crap first but it was an easy job. The rear flaps are a little wider than the front ones...and they are flexible like mud flaps should be...great product and worth every penny!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
...put mine on last week. Had to take off the OEM crap first but it was an easy job. The rear flaps are a little wider than the front ones...and they are flexible like mud flaps should be...great product and worth every penny!

I agree with all of the above...

The OEM ones really like to collect 10 pounds of snow as well....:28:

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i 6-speed
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the replies.

But, can someone who has them installed go out and measure the distance from the bottom of the outback to the bottom of the mud flap? It would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts