Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Outback Onyx XT
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to add some rally style aftermarket lights, 2x 6" one on each side of the front license plate. Totally new to this, so I have some questions. I've narrowed it down to the following brands: PIAA, KC, Hella. I'm not sure which one is good or not good, but I've seen a few KC light covers on jeeps. For the bracket, I'd like to use something super low profile like this:

...but I'm not sure that one will fit my gen 6. Any and all bracket recommendations welcome.

As far as labor goes, I have no experience in things like removing bumpers or drilling holes into the chassis, or running wires around the engine bay and through the fire wall, or electrical knowledge like splicing in with the high beams and how to connect to the fuse box. I know these instructions exist on the internet, but I'm not a mechanic or electrician and with my two left hands I'll probably eff it up. What do you guys recommend? Will it void the factory warranty? Post rally light pics if you got em!

Be well and stay safe.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
10,448 Posts
SSD Performance says on their website that they have a rally light bar for the 20/21 Outbacks but it's not in their drop down menu so e-mail them at
[email protected]

Reactions: EZcomeEZgo

·
Registered
2021 Outback Onyx XT
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know if it blocks the front camera's field of vision? I tried visualizing it but I'm not exactly sure how far the lights extend on both sides of the bar. To reiterate: I wanted to put one light on each side of the light bar so they are sandwiching the front license plate. I don't mind doing 4 lights, but I feel like that would totally cover up the front camera. Not that the front camera is a huge factor, but I wouldn't want to lose a factory function just for a mod.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
10,448 Posts
Until we see a photo of how it's configured on a gen 6 outback it's hard to say, but almost certainly will obscure at least the bottom of the image closest to the front tires. The camera view as it is grazes the bumper itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts