Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.0D RE
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone off here going ?
I'm off tonight to stay over and then catch two stages tomorrow, both runs of Dyfnant.
The forecast looks reasonably good, mild, windy and a chance of rain. I won't need the snow tyres, even if they're already fitted.
Say "hello" if you see me; blue 58 reg Outback with 3 spots on the front.

I have to confess that I've not taken too much interest in the WRC (or any rallying, come to that) this year. The move to ESPN stopped me watching and my interest dwindled.
Part of the reason for going this year, other than "because I can" is that it's an annual ritual and I'm on an unbroken sequence since 1979.

·
Registered
2009 Outback 3.0r, 1998 Forester
39 Posts
I'm thinking of catching at least the second run at Halfway on Sunday, as it's nearest for me (I'm in Bristol).
Last time I saw the RAC Rally (as it was called then) was with my Dad in the mid sixties - it was all wailing 3-pot Saabs, loads of Minis, and Tom Trana in his Volvo 122S. Fantastic.
WRC seems to have fallen off the radar this year in the UK media for some reason.

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.0D RE
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We had a good day out. As expected, we were too late for Clocaenog so we saw both runs of Dyfnant on Friday.
I was impressed by the new cars; they seem to slide around more than the previous generation WRC cars and, despite the smaller engines, they don't look any slower.
Going further north was a good move for the rally; all of Friday's stages were sold out and spectators were being turned away (I imagine some frustration was expressed by people who had pre-bought their tickets).
Having said that, they still need to move the rally into other areas of the UK.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That concludes a year that the outcome could go many other ways. Even with Seb Loeb being somewhat resembling a human being, others are being even more so with making more mistakes than Loeb. Oh well, maybe next year that we have more challenges from other drivers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts