Subaru Outback Forums banner

Has anyone else ran out gas w/ "gas in the tank"?

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 6 speed Outback said it had 60 miles before empty and gas light had literally just come on; I was 1 block away from gas station when the car died. Just before it died the Vehicle Dynamics Control light came on so I had a tow thinking I had major issues going on. Relieved it was just gas but now feeling frustrated as the list of issues with this car is growing.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Nope, been driving 50+ years and have never ran out of gas....then again I have no idea if my low fuel light works. Just no reason to let myself get that low on fuel.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Sorry your troubles with your OB seem to growing.
My experience with fuel has been just about opposite of what you experienced.
Fuel light comes on, miles to empty is 70 or 60 miles. I can drive until the MTE goes blank (below 30) and then put in about 17.5 gal so there was still another gallon remaining. I have done this a few times consistently and my fuel pump hasn't blown up either. ;)

·
Super Moderator
12,119 Posts
This thread again.

·
Super Moderator
9,565 Posts
This thread again.
I believe I can see the future.

Because I repeat the same routine.

I think I used to have a purpose.

Then again. That might have been a dream.

I think I used to have a voice.

Now I never make a sound.

I just do what I've been told.

I really don't want them to come around.

Oh no. Every day is exactly the same.

Every day is exactly the same.

There is no love here and there is no pain.

Every day is exactly the same.

·
Registered
672 Posts
But this one has a poll :)

I want to know who the person is that ran out of gas with gas in the tank... :rolleyes:
That would be me. At least 2.5 gallons in the tank and the outback “failed to proceed” with all the normal warning lights illuminated in the dash.

Waited a few minutes and it started up again and got me a mile up the road to fill up with fuel.

Has happened a couple of other times when the tank had around 2.5 gallons left and I started going up a steep extended incline. After about a mile of climbing the incline the engine just cuts out!

Seagrass

1 - 7 of 7 Posts