Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 08 with 67k w/ auto trans, got home and disconnected battery to clean terminals off. Connected the battery back up and now the engine idles extremely low rpms and shutters when going idle speed? I have driven it about 5 miles around my house seeing if anything would change... no luck. Ideas?

I also noticed that when I come to a stop from cruising speeds, I can feel the trans shift to 1st gear right before I come to a stop, almost a knock into first, and I can see the rpms jump up a little when 1st engages. Does this car use trans and engine brake to slow down in addition to brakes?

Last thing I noticed was under passenger side glove box, to the left side (closest to the center console/radio) there is a connection that is unplugged. Its a green connector just dangling from under the glove box. Should this be connected?

Looking forward to hearing ideas about all this. Psyched to be a part of this huge knowledge base!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was a little worried to see that connection unplugged, but I will leave it alone. Have you heard of the ground cable causing this issue before? I will tighten her up asap, or at least make sure its tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
scoutback!
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing