Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I take turns at low speeds there is a rattling sound coming from the drivers door, or the drivers side rear door. I have vacuumed my car thoroughly but it still makes the noise. It's sounds like a hard object rolling around at the floor base, or inside the door itself. It is was mildly annoying at first, but now it happens so much that I want the sound gone. I've tried pulling the car back and forth from the roof rails but I can't get the sound to replicate. It seems to occurring only when I'm taking turns at low speeds (0-15mph).

Any tips on localizing where this noise is coming from?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,814 Posts
compare opening and closing and 'shaking' (open it part-way and push in-out quickly) the door to the opposite side?

no difference in the windows going up-down?

if someone else drives, have you tried sitting next to each door?

could you take a service writer or mechanic for a ride and duplicate it?

·
Registered
'16 Outback 2.5i Premium WAM, Factory Hitch, Infinity speakers, Alpine Sub, Cargo Tray/Seat Protectors, Husky Liners, Rally Armor Mudflaps, LED Int Ltg, Subaru LOGO LED Projection Puddle Lights, OUTB
407 Posts
With the ease of replicating the noise, take it to the Subaru dealer and have them ride in the back while you demonstrate the problem.

If it turns out to be operator error (something really is rolling around that your vacuum does not pull, at least you find out.

If however it is something Subaru left dangling inside the door, well, they might want to reattach it for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts