Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just had a problem with my 07 Subaru Outback today.

First of all, I started to drive my car with a rattling noise from my engine and I feel that my car lose its power. About 2 miles driving, I parked the car and then went off the car for 30 minutes.

When I returned to the car, it is difficult to start the car and the check engine light is on. I managed to start it but no acceleration at all and finally the engine went off.

I got a 151,000 miles on my car.

Any suggestion(s)?

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,360 Posts
Hi all,

I just had a problem with my 07 Subaru Outback today.

First of all, I started to drive my car with a rattling noise from my engine and I feel that my car lose its power. About 2 miles driving, I parked the car and then went off the car for 30 minutes.

When I returned to the car, it is difficult to start the car and the check engine light is on. I managed to start it but no acceleration at all and finally the engine went off.

I got a 151,000 miles on my car.

Any suggestion(s)?
Read the diagnostic codes associated with the CEL, and post them here. We'll have a better chance at helping you if we know this information. Procedure is here:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...agnostic-trouble-codes-dtcs-2.html#post180018

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 06 BMW 325xi wagon, 02 2.5rs, 82 CB750, Polaris XC SP 500, and a single speed bike.
869 Posts
Camshaft position sensor.

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 06 BMW 325xi wagon, 02 2.5rs, 82 CB750, Polaris XC SP 500, and a single speed bike.
869 Posts

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,568 Posts
I agree with @1 Lucky Texan, I would check the cam/crank timing and timing belt itself. Jumped/misaligned timing belt can cause that code.

Could also be a faulty sensor. Without the camshaft sensor, the car will drive in a "limp home" mode with reduced power, hard starting, and poor mileage.

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
1. failing timing belt
2. failing timing tensioner or pulley

check the timing belt. have the belt, pulleys, or tensioner ever been replaced?

The car should have all new belt, pulleys, and tensioner. if any of those fail the car needs $2,000+ in valve repair or engine replacement so it's not wise to ignore them.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,711 Posts
I hope you changed, or at least closely inspected, the other parts.

indeed, the WP may have been the most robust part in the timing system, the toothed idler seems to cause the most problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts