Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As all with the SAP are probably aware grabbing the drivers side door handle only unlocks the drivers door. In order to unlock all doors you have to either get out the remote or open front door and hit unlock button. For those with kids or putting stuff in back seat this defeats the convenience of keyless entry. On our BMW this is a user selectable option but on the Outback the option to unlock all doors has to be coded by dealer according to the manual. I've been to my dealer and another and neither had software with this option yet. They also did not appear to know anything about the keyless entry and I had to show them the manual regarding this option. They thought maybe Subaru hadn't made it available yet and guessed they might with a future software update but really didn't know. They also will apparently charge for this which I find absolutely absurd since all I'm asking is to change an available option and it takes seconds to plug in a laptop and make a few mouse clicks.

Any one have success doing this or more info? I did discover that grabbing the passenger door unlocks all doors but this is less useful.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Contact SOA. I'm sure they will be more than happy to clear this up.

It's more likely because SAP is a rare option the dealers in your area just haven't opted to spend the $$$ on the training that is required. Their excuse is possible but I tend to not believe the dealer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had this recently changed on my SAP 2013. The dealer mechanic said that SOA just recently gave them the ability to access and change this option. He had a small unit plugged into something under the dash to accomplish this task. I know this because the mechanic called me out into the shop to explain to him why the audio unit in the Nav always defaulted to shuffle on my iPod when I turned the car off. I really like that all doors unlock instead of the driver only. The SAP and 2nd generation NAV has a lot of dealers scratching there collective heads. By the way the Dealer made this change for free and it should be. And no the mechanic couldn't do anything with the Nav, said only a software update could fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
welsh12uk
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing