Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Touring Onyx XT; 2014 Tribeca
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just accepted a new position out in Redmond and will be starting Sep 3. New adventure in my families lives, but for the better. We are so excited/scared.

There is just SOOOOOO much to do before then.

Good buy Bay Area. It's been, well, what ever ;)

It's going to be good to be back 'Home'

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5XT
27 Posts
I am in the Bay area right now. The traffic is getting to me. Hope Redmond is awesome! Good luck.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It got to me 9 years ago. I am sooo ready to go back 'home' to western Washington.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,343 Posts
I hate to say it but Traffic is worse than ever here. The last 8 years state government said "no more road improvements, just maintain and spend more money on buses."

We now have a lot of new empty buses and some of the worse traffic in the country. The irony is that even with traffic getting worse it's still much faster to take a car.

Mircosoft got smart however and started their own bus service and that has been very popular.

Also I hope you get up here soon because this is one of the best summers we have ever had.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have been driving up there in short stents when visiting family, but I have to say Seattle traffic is not nearly as bad as bay area traffic. get past I-505/I-80 interchange, blood pressure drops significantly all the way up to Seattle and back. Yes the traffic is bad, but it is a lot less stressful.

And the roads, they can't pave a road if it could save them down here. some of the worst roads I have driven on in my life are here. Spokane a close second (in a few areas, south hill I am looking at you ;)).

The fudge it for roads has gone to crap since Iman came around in, if memory serves, about 2000. I am not trying to open a can of worms (politics can be debated in a more appropriate forum), but that is when the budget got slashed by over 90% for roads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts