Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed the ReadyLift 2in on my 2016 Subaru outback and now have the shimmy. I noticed that some of you have talked about the ckt CVT parts and I was wondering if anybody had more information on those IE where to purchase cost etc. Also just throw it out there does anybody else have a fix for this issue? Thanks

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
15,965 Posts
Well, There's me ...

Does your lift have a rear subframe spacer or is it just strut spacers. This matters because the subframe spacer changes the drive shaft angle and also mis-matches the differential and transmission pinion angles. If you have a rear soacer then you would also want the driveshaft carrier bearing spacer sold through ADF (Anderson Design Fabrication)

If you do not have a rear subframe spacer, than your only remedy is the CKE insert.

Wait, I take that back. How many miles on the car before the lift. There have been a 2 customers in the past few years who's only solution was new front OEM CV axles. I am going to say, with a 2016 and a new lift that you have significant miles on your CV axles. The wore into what I call a seat (or set). Now with the lift, the balls in CV are running on a ridge, or trying to, vs the valley they preciously carved in the cage. If any of that makes sense.

With axles, new OEM are about $320 each from my best sourcing. So, for the short $. Trying out the CKE CVT insert (Which you might still need even after new axles) would be the low cost 1st option. Let me know if I need to calrify any of the above/below.

With that said. You can contact me direct.

Or

ebay link to the 2.5

the 3.6R

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It's only got 40k on it. And just a strut spacer lift so I'm going to try out the CKT CVT. Would I install two or four?

·
Registered
‘19 2.5 Outback Abyss Blue 2” lift
24 Posts
Thanks! It's only got 40k on it. And just a strut spacer lift so I'm going to try out the CKT CVT. Would I install two or four?
Did you do tires ast the same time? The only reason I ask, is when I upgraded to BFG KO2s on my Land Cruiser, I got a wobble. That was even after balancing the wheels.

Traildog sounds like he knows what’s up with it though!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock tires currently by they are on order. I ordered the CKT CVT as traildog recommended. We'll see how it goes

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It works! I installed the ckt CVT last night and on first drive the shimmy was pretty much non existent. Thanks traildogck. Putting on wheels and tires today. I installed the soft which I think was a good choice and a recommendation from jhoutback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts