Subaru Outback Forums banner

Really cool Outback feature.

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  reddoak 
#1 ·
One really nice feature or aspect of the Outback is when you get a Limited there's nothing on the outside telling the world you have a nice model or more expensive model.

When I got my last car and shopped for this one there was too much show or tacky add on stuff with a some of the vehicles I considered.

I am probably the exception judging by most car inventory and people I know but it's one more thing that has me happy with my choice.

#14 ·
...hmmm...the loaded Canadian model does not have the shark fin. Believe it or not, the antenna for the SAT radio is stuck to the upper right corner of the front windshield. :28:

#9 ·
I confess to owning two sports cars earlier in life and some much more exclusive cars a few times. Now I think you said it with "why advertise it?". If anything we chose the BMW house before car where sure taxes are higher but it's (house) gaining value and nicer to hang out in than a car.

#8 ·
This wasn't the case with the older ones--Have you ever seen the size of the "L.L. Bean Edition" emblems on the third gen Outbacks? Talk about advertising...impossible not to know it's a high end model when you're following one of those!

The 2nd Gen L.L. Bean emblems are much smaller, but they're still there. They also used the "Limited" tag on the 1st and 2nd gens. The 2nd gens have it on the tailgate, the first gens have it on the driver's door, I think.

#13 ·
OTH, this could be the reason why Subaru chose not to add Limited logos.

lim·it·ed (l
m
-t
d)adj.1. Confined or restricted within certain limits: has only limited experience.
2. a. Not attaining the highest goals or achievement: a limited success.
b. Having only mediocre talent or range of ability: a popular but limited actor.

3. Having governmental or ruling powers restricted by enforceable limitations, as a constitution or a legislative body: limited monarchy.
4. Abbr. Ltd. or Ld. Of, relating to, or being a limited company.
5. Abbr. ltd. Of, relating to, or being transportation facilities, such as trains or buses, that make few stops and carry relatively few passengers.

n. Abbr. ltd. A limited train or bus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.