Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16,281 Posts
Ron:

I don't have a 2013, but had a look at the SCI site. On the Interior Specifications page the only reference to rear ducts is a line

Climate control: Rear seat heating / ventilation / air conditioning ducts

but this has all models checked off, including the base level. (Went to Interior - 2013 Outback - Subaru Canada, and scrolled down the page to the detailed specification chart.)

I wonder if those ducts are the ones under the front seats that are standard.

But I suspect you're referring to something else.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ron:

I don't have a 2013, but had a look at the SCI site. On the Interior Specifications page the only reference to rear ducts is a line

Climate control: Rear seat heating / ventilation / air conditioning ducts

but this has all models checked off, including the base level. (Went to Interior - 2013 Outback - Subaru Canada, and scrolled down the page to the detailed specification chart.)

I wonder if those ducts are the ones under the front seats that are standard.

But I suspect you're referring to something else.
I just picked up my '13 2.5i and have not seen any ducts visible in the back seat, so they must be hidden somewhere back there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just bought mine, brand spanking new, 2013, "Premium" in Alberta, Canada and it doesn't have any vents in the center console. I think in Canada only the 6 cylinder Limited, eyesight etc has them. In Canada we also don't get the memory seats but only for that same 6 cyl. model. I am pretty sure there are ducts under the front seats, but I will have to confirm when I get home (away for a few weeks now).

·
Registered
16,281 Posts
I think in Canada only the 6 cylinder Limited, eyesight etc has them. In Canada we also don't get the memory seats but only for that same 6 cyl. model.
Go to http://subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?WebPageID=17476&Range=Outback&ModelYear=2013&WebSiteID=282 and scroll down to the detailed specifications chart at the bottom. There's no mention of center console rear vents, or of memory seats, even in the 6 cylinder models.

I am pretty sure there are ducts under the front seats, . . .
There are ducts that go under the front seats a short distance. They're right on the floor. (Standard on all models.) See attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a 13 Outback 2.5 Limited, and no it does not have the rear console vents. I thought it was supposed to have them also. The US models do. I asked the salesman and he looked at me quizzically. It is certainly not the end of the world, but would certainly come in handy for rear passengers. I wonder if the duct makes it's way to the console and all that would be needed is to have the console changed or updated to house the vents??

·
Registered
165 Posts
2013 3.6R limited SAP, I have the rear ducts. Weird that some Limited's have them and some don't. Cars101 says it was new for the Limited's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apparently this is a US only option. Is this only available on the Limited (which has the dual zone AC for driver and passenger)? If it's only on the dual zone model, which zone controls the air for the rear seats, driver or passenger?

It's in the 100s here in Central TX in mid August and this feature is one of the primary features separating the Outback from everything else I've considered buying. I have a Honda CR-V now and in order for people in the back to be comfortable I have to turn the AC on full blast and point the ducts straight back, not a good design.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
16 Participants
Rockin Ronnie
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing