Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'13 OB 3.6R Ltd
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rear/back seat air vents barely flow any air. when i turn the flow dial to the off position, i can feel the limited flow stop. so i know i'm not doing a dumb thing.

anyone else have this problem and know why? guess i'm going back to the dealership. again.

duckboy

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
Havn't played with them much but found out the airflow lessens as the temp setting goes up. IIRC at about 75* the airflow pretty much stops to the rear.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP
177 Posts
Yes. They were designed to not work above about 75 degrees.

·
Registered
60 Posts
how about on the 2.5i premium '13 - Rear Vents

Honestly I have not looked and my wife has the car today at the slopes but.. she used to put her boots behind a front seat on the floor facing under the seat to blow in heated air to warm them up on the way there.

She says hers are cold now when she gets out of the OB... Are there no vents under the seats ? Can this be ? Any car I ever owned had rear vents under there for heat. I figured they just must not be aimed directly back (also as every car I ever owned had ) .. Better look when she returns it appears.

That and the lame radio and uncomfortable seats are really bumming me out on our '13 ob purchase.. our first ob... Seemed good on the test drives.. argh.. HU replacement and some change to the seat ? ug.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
There is a pair of outlets in rear under each front seat - on both sides. I have a first aid kit under driver's seat - in the middle - and hot/cold air blows from left and right... left and right outlets under each seat - total 4 outlets!

·
Registered
60 Posts
wonder if something is messed up on mine then

There is a pair of outlets in rear under each front seat - on both sides. I have a first aid kit under driver's seat - in the middle - and hot/cold air blows from left and right outlets just fine!
I did feel under the front passenger seat from the front and felt an outlet.. however.. seems no setting I pick on the car sends any air there.... worried that the jd power initial quality ratings the extended warranty guy showed me AFTER we made the sale.. are true..

Are there any smarts to the system that would prevent air from going there based on the temp setting or which floor mode is picked ? I tried them all and varied the thermostat and I dare say.. nutin'

I guess good news is if its busted.. they can fix and my wife's ski boots might get heated up some day.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
If you would remove the center arm rest (like I did when I added a rear cig/power outlet in the back) you would see, where those insulated hoses/duck pipes go. They run on both side of the stick shift lever and split in the center console.

·
Registered
2013 3.6R SAP BBP Outback
717 Posts
The rear upper vent works primarily with A/C, but puts out some flow all the time in my limited. The rear lower vents seem to work the opposite. All in all, the rear seat has comfortable climate control and air flow. I do mess with the mode and fan setting up front often, mostly to get more air flow from the dash vents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts