Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the sensors for the rear brake assist feature are located? And are they the same ones as used for the cross-traffic alert? I'd like to get a better idea than just "behind the bumper" or whatever. I'm mainly concerned about the installation of an EcoHitch on an '18 Touring due to the way it mounts behind the rear bumper bar.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Limited, Wilderness Green; 2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, Crimson Red Pearl
198 Posts
Does anyone know where the sensors for the rear brake assist feature are located? And are they the same ones as used for the cross-traffic alert? I'd like to get a better idea than just "behind the bumper" or whatever. I'm mainly concerned about the installation of an EcoHitch on an '18 Touring due to the way it mounts behind the rear bumper bar.
If you are referring to the Reverse Automatic Braking System sensors, they are located in the black trim section below the rear hatch. The Blind Spot Detectors are radar units located below the tail light assemblies.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are referring to the Reverse Automatic Braking System sensors, they are located in the black trim section below the rear hatch. The Blind Spot Detectors are radar units located below the tail light assemblies.
Thanks for a concise, informative reply. Exactly what I was wanting to know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts