Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an oil change at the dealer and they commented that the rear endlinks were separated. I checked them out myself when I got home and i guess they were talking about the rubber seals that were cracked. Is this something that need to be addressed? I have not really noticed anything as far as the ride but im always on the highway or in town. They are pretty cheap to replace, just wondering if its nessasary.

Thanks

2002 Outback 2.5 manual 74000 miles

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,385 Posts
fairly common. i don't think it's necessary, i've heard of folks removing the rear sway bar and fairly common to drive them awhile broken without noticing. but then again - the better one-size-fits-all approach is usually to replace a warn part. without some compelling reason not too, seems best to replace.

·
Registered
01 Outback LL Bean
2,454 Posts
The seals keep the oil in. Without the oil they will eventually wear out and actually separate. When that happens you would want to replace them. For now I wouldn't call it an emergency. I think mine have been cracked for a while but they are holding up okay. I should replace them though.

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,653 Posts
what part is being discussed ?

I'm confused.

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,653 Posts
OK got it.

Might be some 'upgraded' styles available from Kartboy, Boxer4Racing, Whiteline, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts