Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 2002 Outbacks, both these vehicles run great and have been solid vehicles. The rear fenders starting breaking through on my wife's car about 3 years ago - a body man / friend of ours has had a crack at both sides and although they looked good for awhile they are breaking out again. I don't think he fixed them right the first time.

I have looked high and low and cannot find any cladding or moulding that would hide this area for the '02 wagons. What I wanted to do was sand down and see if I could fix it enough to keep the rust from spreading and just cover my sanded over repair with a nice moulding. It is a big deal to tear into these areas and cut out and replace the old metal (which my friend did supposedly). I'm not afraid to tackle a little back yard body work - but didn't want to spend $600 + to fix and repaint he whole fender.

Does anyone know of any place that could make or sell a fender moulding for the these vehicles?

This is definitely a weak point on this year / model and PA winters are hard on everything.

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 06 BMW 325xi wagon, 02 2.5rs, 82 CB750, Polaris XC SP 500, and a single speed bike.
876 Posts
I believe Australian market Outbacks had wheel arch flares...

edit:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those would be perfect and I could paint them to match the rest of the tan cladding - do you know where I could even order something like these? Thanks!

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 06 BMW 325xi wagon, 02 2.5rs, 82 CB750, Polaris XC SP 500, and a single speed bike.
876 Posts
I looked around on eBay a bit and didn't see any for this generation, but when I get more time I wouldn't mind finding some myself. I've got rust on the rear driver's arch that I'd love to cut out and cover with a flare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts