Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 OB Limited 2.5 Ice Silver Metallic
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd share for some that are not aware of the Smittybilt Beaver Step https://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/182.htm

I have been using one for several years and its very handy. Its great for a tie down point (kayaks and canoes transport) , also used it to attach my tow strap to pull other cars out of situations, it has saved my bumpers more times than I can count from other cars, and its a great step up as well as a place to prop my boots on when putting on my waders.

I hope this is helpful for some.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok how the **** can I get the pics to upload properly and not rotated incorrectly. They are correct on my laptop/cell but load up on their sides on the forum :-(

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,212 Posts
Ok how the **** can I get the pics to upload properly and not rotated incorrectly. They are correct on my laptop/cell but load up on their sides on the forum :-(
what is getting uploaded is the raw file, so even if they are rotated on your laptop, the raw files are not.

you would have to rotate them, and save a new copy of the file to your laptop (with a new file name), and then upload that 2nd copy.

____-

$62 for a hitch step.? glad none of your NJ neighbors nabbed that in the supermarket or tail head parking lot.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what is getting uploaded is the raw file, so even if they are rotated on your laptop, the raw files are not.

you would have to rotate them, and save a new copy of the file to your laptop (with a new file name), and then upload that 2nd copy.

____-

$62 for a hitch step.? glad none of your NJ neighbors nabbed that in the supermarket or tail head parking lot.
Thanks for the pic tip.

Hard to steal whats locked, you don't use hitch locks?

Yeah, best $62 I have ever spent. I estimate it has saved me several thousand in rear bumper damage from those supermarket tards that can't park. Also don't have to worry about tie down straps ruining my paint when hauling my canoe. It's solid steel btw ;-)

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,212 Posts
moved to towing section, (where all the hitch yapping happens)

amazon got them for as little as $56 free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004K23KQ0/

listed weight is only 5 lbs. not a bad thing to stick down in the spare tire well even when not on the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts