Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
hey, just thought of another thing...

you know that plastic/vinyl liner thing in the rear of the wagons...ours constantly slides back to the point that the liner itself is getting bent, and sometimes impedes closing the rear hatch. We've thought maybe putting velcro on the bottom, but the ridges would probably interfere with that. We also considered accelerating slower, but quickly dismissed that option :D

We got a dog barrier that holds itself in place by pressing against the roof and the floor. We thought that might be enough to hold the liner also, but no dice.

Anyone got this problem and/or got a solution?

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outbacks, Grey Premium & Silver Limited
If you are talking about a regular Legacy Outback Wagon (not the Outback Sport) velcro is the way to go. I'd say to put the velcro on the ends behind the wheel humps so that they don't interfere with the spare tire cover, other covers etc.

Registered
I do not seem to have quite the same problem as my liner stays in place. I did, however hate things sliding around on top of the liner. A trip to Meijer, 2 rolls of "gripliner", some cutting and contact adhesive I now have no problems any more.

Me-->:xnuts: <--sliding parcels

Registered
2003 H6-3.0 Wagon (non-VDC, non-LLB)
Mericet said:
I do not seem to have quite the same problem as my liner stays in place. I did, however hate things sliding around on top of the liner. A trip to Meijer, 2 rolls of "gripliner", some cutting and contact adhesive I now have no problems any more.

Me-->:xnuts: <--sliding parcels
Our dealer threw in the folding grocery/parcel-holder, er, thingy when we bought our car ('03 Legacy OBW). Opened out, it can hold several standard paper grocery bags or other parcels in an upright position, divided by removable cargo netting dividers; folded flat, you can leave it in the car and slide larger items right over it. It's made to fit in the cargo area right behind the wheel humps so it can't slide around. I'll post a picture of it if I can track one down.

Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
I took out my rear cover almost immediately, and it has been stored since 1998. I run the back end open, and I frequently hustle bags and boxes in and out of it.

FWIW the crossbars have not been on the roof of the car for several years, either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts