Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i just picked up a 1999 Outback Limited. Overall the body is in pretty good shape (few dents dings ect) but no real rust and seems pretty solid. Question I have is that rubber molding that fits on the outside of the doors and the quarter windows. The door ones are not in the greatest shape but the quarter window ones are like completely gone, rotted and chipped away with age. Been looking and it seems like you can order replacement ones, but sounds like they are kinda tricky to install. Involves removing most the interior moldings in the back hatch to get to bolts. However I would like to replace them all eventually I was wondering if i had to worry about any sort of leaks or anything or if they are just cosmetic basically.

Edit: Just wanted to share pic of car.

Thanks in advance, look forward to being a member of the forums.

Brandon

·
Registered
1999 30th Anniversary Legacy Outback DOHC 2.5L 4EAT, 2008 Impreza WRX 2.5L 5MT, 2008 Impreza Wagon 2.5L 4EAT
1,224 Posts
Nice car! I have same one but not in as good a shape.

You might want to contact a mom and pop auto glass place to see if they could do the job for a reasonable price. I did have a rear quarter window replaced a few years ago but they didn't replace that strip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts