Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Limited 2.5
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to remove the panel around the rear speaker (HK subwoofer). Does anyone have a pdf or instructions on where any clips/ screws are located.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,291 Posts
Going to remove the panel around the rear speaker (HK subwoofer). Does anyone have a pdf or instructions on where any clips/ screws are located.
Hope this works

Attachments

·
Registered
MY17 2.5i Limited
37 Posts
Do you have the whole service manual? If so, Where did you get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,291 Posts
Do you have the whole service manual? If so, Where did you get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got the bootleg manual from eBay. Cost was about $15.00

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,110 Posts
Reactions: Cincron

·
Registered
2,291 Posts

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
I heard it takes about 3 days to download the manual as they are separate files. Is that true?
When I downloaded the FSM, it comprised ~1200 individual PDF files. I used a shell script to automate the download process. Since Subaru limits you to 50 downloads per hour, downloading the complete FSM took about 24 hours.

Just cheaper and easier to get from eBay.
I just have this ethical thing about pirating (i.e. stealing) somebody else's intellectual property ... especially when they are willing to sell or license it to me under reasonable terms.

Reactions: Cincron

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
When I downloaded the FSM, it comprised ~1200 individual PDF files. I used a shell script to automate the download process. Since Subaru limits you to 50 downloads per hour, downloading the complete FSM took about 24 hours.

I just have this ethical thing about pirating (i.e. stealing) somebody else's intellectual property ... especially when they are willing to sell or license it to me under reasonable terms.
If Subaru would make it easy to download/purchase the manual I would have done it. Apparently, they have no intention to do that. BTW, what is a shell script or is that just common knowledge? Seriously.

·
Registered
2016 Limited 2.5
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you russellpat. I'll get it removed this weekend and see what kind room there is for a sub.

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
Do you lose access to them once the three day period expires?
Not if you downloaded them. You lose online access, but the PDFs you downloaded are yours to keep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts