Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Legacy Outback dual range 5MT
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after making the front tube bumper I decided the rear need one as well. Got the tubing today and already have it bent and almost all cut to the right size, tomorrow I'll finish everything up and post some pictures.
Sorry it took so long to get the pictures up, I had to help paint a couple of my friends trucks. But what you all have been waiting for

Give me opinions and anything I should possibly tweak!

·
Registered
2009 Tribeca Now - 2004 Outback EJ259 - Sold
1,072 Posts
:29:

·
Registered
96 Legacy OBW, EJ22 swap, 2" suspension lift, 215/75r15, HIDs, 06 WRX interior swap
335 Posts
Amazing!!!

I miss my welder....

Can't wait to see how it turns out! You adding recovery points or reverse light mounts?

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 CVT All-Weather/Alloy Package, Graphite Gray
199 Posts
Looks great! How much weight do you think was added to the vehicle with rack, F/R tube bumpers?

·
Registered
96 Legacy OBW, EJ22 swap, 2" suspension lift, 215/75r15, HIDs, 06 WRX interior swap
335 Posts
that bumper looks amazing! i am in love with the look of it from the back.

since you opened it up for suggestions. one thought i have about the side view. it looks to me to be too blocky having the upper and lower bars running parallel with each other. i feel maybe a taper would give it a bit more style.

also my goal in building an offroad bumper (when i eventually do) will be to cut the profile up off the ground for approach angle clearance. is your bumper higher up than stock? i know you 2nd gen fellas have larger bumper skins than us 1st gen owners.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
So after making the front tube bumper I decided the rear need one as well. Got the tubing today and already have it bent and almost all cut to the right size, tomorrow I'll finish everything up and post some pictures.
Sorry it took so long to get the pictures up, I had to help paint a couple of my friends trucks. But what you all have been waiting for

Give me opinions and anything I should possibly tweak!
Zombie car!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that bumper looks amazing! i am in love with the look of it from the back.

since you opened it up for suggestions. one thought i have about the side view. it looks to me to be too blocky having the upper and lower bars running parallel with each other. i feel maybe a taper would give it a bit more style.

also my goal in building an offroad bumper (when i eventually do) will be to cut the profile up off the ground for approach angle clearance. is your bumper higher up than stock? i know you 2nd gen fellas have larger bumper skins than us 1st gen owners.
Yeah I was thinking it looked to blocky but it was the first time I made one for the back and didn't have anything to go off of. Right now the lowest point is the muffler, so it kinda higher that stock but not by much, maybe an inch.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,972 Posts
Needs a full exoskeleton with window grates to be a proper zombie apocalypse car. Also could use flame throwers, mounted crossbows, and gun ports.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Needs a full exoskeleton with window grates to be a proper zombie apocalypse car. Also could use flame throwers, mounted crossbows, and gun ports.
Haha I need to find a way to make a full exoskeleton and be able to open the doors. And in trying to work on the flamethrower a right now lol.

·
Registered
Lifted '95 Legacy & 03 OBS
275 Posts
NICE! it's the first rear tube bumper i've seen!! I've wanted one on my rig since I got the front one, but I got scared once I pulled off the skin. The guy who made my front has made a tube "insert" basically cut the skin off the middle and welded tubes to the factory supports across the center. It looked really good, but doesn't address departure angle.
I agree with what's been mentioned about a taper to give better departure angle.

That'll be incorporated into mine (if/when my buddy gets a bender) whenever we get around to working on mine.

Props man, nice work!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts