Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback Premium 2.5i
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the rear view mirror be raised. Everytime I look tp the right ,I seem to be looking into the rear view mirror. Adjust seat with little relief. Is a real problem. Can't glass company take off and glue on higher? Subaru dealer in Hendersonville, NC did not know.

·
Registered
2012 2.5i Premium CVT
921 Posts
My mirror has an articulating arm with a ball joint at each end. It makes it possible to change the height of the mirror. Perhaps yours can do this too?

I have the homelink mirror if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,313 Posts
My mirror has an articulating arm with a ball joint at each end. It makes it possible to change the height of the mirror. Perhaps yours can do this too?

EVERY new car I've driven or bought had that little arm positioned too low.

·
Registered
2012 Outback Premium 2.5i
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel like an idiot. Ball joint is there. Apparently when the window was tinted (3rd party), they lowered the mirror...Thank you for help

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts

The rear view mirror can be raised and lowered? Huh...I hadn't noticed.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i CVT
468 Posts
Just for the record, it isn't possible to have a glass company move where the mirror adheres to the glass. If you look in the pic rockthebeef posted there is a black section where the mirror mount glues. This black section is a different texture that is needed to help hold the mirror in place. I would love to raise the mirror mounting point up because at 6'4" tall I can't raise it up enough with the arm position alone.

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
Yessir... There's a ball joint at each end of the arm so that you can effectively change the height of the mirror.
Interesting... I'll be installing my seat back protectors and window vents this weekend, I'll have to try this out and see if I prefer it the other way.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited CVT
216 Posts
Just for the record, it isn't possible to have a glass company move where the mirror adheres to the glass. If you look in the pic rockthebeef posted there is a black section where the mirror mount glues. This black section is a different texture that is needed to help hold the mirror in place. I would love to raise the mirror mounting point up because at 6'4" tall I can't raise it up enough with the arm position alone.
They make a rear view mirror window adhesive and it is sold at most any auto parts store. I used to have to use a vial of it yearly on an old astro van. It does a fairly good job and it can be used on bare glass and you can do it yourself. It probably won't hold as well as if you glued it on that textured section, but it will work.

Of course, you do have to get it to unstick from that textured section first.... that could be a problem.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,016 Posts
It might be the power of suggestion but, I believe my 2013 can adjust higher than my 2011 ever could.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts