Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Convenience
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, time to regroup. Looking for ideas.

Long story short, the **** hub is separating from the outer body. I stopped short of pulling everything out and wanted to get a feel for how I might be able to get the other end to move.

Currently have more penetrant soaking, with luck it might get into it. TIA

·
Registered
2012 OB , 2017 Impreza
3,156 Posts
Your post is not clear.... are you suggesting that you are trying to 'pull' the rear hub off the vehicle. In the process of doing this you pulled on the OUTER portion of the hub and the bearing is now separating because the inner portion is not moving?

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
13,253 Posts
Heat and an impact hammer

Utilizing this method, you will need to remove the spindle, or at a minimum remove the axle to give you some more room from the inner side. Be sure to remove the speed sensor. (I'd put some color on it, but I don't know where that went. :( )

Clean as much of the rust off as you can prior to reassembly.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Convenience
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
When you're feeling defeated, might not make sense.

The inner hub section (splines /wheel studs) is coming out rather than the whole unit. The outer portion has not moved. Not great.....

Might be a remove the spindle fun job.... Oy! It's amusing how the factory manual says remove it by hand, if not use the puller. I'm not sure which, if any, environment this would work as easy as written!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Perhaps post pics with arrows indicating the situation. When I did mine not too long ago, the rear bub came out in pieces courtesy of a BFH...but we got the job done. Runs quiet now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts