Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 (my04) outback. R 3.0
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My 2004 outback 3.0L rear window does not completely seal to the top, water does not get in, but i can see a gap at the top. It goes up and down freely and at normal speed but it just leave a gap.

What could be the issue? is there an adjustment to raise the window somewhere?

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 OutBack Premier, 2019 Forester Ltd, 2016 370z Rdstr
724 Posts
sub313,

This is one of the issues with the frameless windows Subaru chose for these generations. Regardless, it is possible to readjust the glass, but it will take some studying on your behalf to get it right.

I've included the glass adjustment FSM pages for the front and rear glass, as the rear glass portion of the manual says to refer to the front glass adjustment pages in one section. Read them both carefully several times to understand the procedure, before you tackle the job. It shouldn't be difficult, its just that you need to zero in on which adjustment to make and where. Good Luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 (my04) outback. R 3.0
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sub313,

This is one of the issues with the frameless windows Subaru chose for these generations. Regardless, it is possible to readjust the glass, but it will take some studying on your behalf to get it right.

I've included the glass adjustment FSM pages for the front and rear glass, as the rear glass portion of the manual says to refer to the front glass adjustment pages in one section. Read them both carefully several times to understand the procedure, before you tackle the job. It shouldn't be difficult, its just that you need to zero in on which adjustment to make and where. Good Luck!

excellent, thanks for that, what a helpful online community.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts