Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Outback Limited

Trying to clear the Rear Window. When I use the switch for the Rear Washer fluid all I get is a small dribble. Is that the way it is or is there a fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 OutBack Premier, 2019 Forester Ltd, 2016 370z Rdstr
724 Posts
rogershooter,

No!

You need a trip back to the dealership and have a warranty conversation. I've owned 5 OutBack's, one of each generation, and every one of them would fire a steady stream of washer fluid on that tailgate window as long as you held the switch in that position. You have a bad pump, a plugged nozzle or a plugged hose, all are easy fixes for them.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited w/ EyeSight - Lapis Blue Pearl
69 Posts
2018 Outback Limited

Trying to clear the Rear Window. When I use the switch for the Rear Washer fluid all I get is a small dribble. Is that the way it is or is there a fix?

Thanks
How long are you holding the dial to turn on the rear window washer? Especially for first time use, you will likely have to hold it for up to 15 seconds or so to "prime the pump", to move the water from the front reservoir all the way to the rear washer. Depending upon how often you use the rear window washer, you may find it is necessary to hold the dial longer than what you would normally expect, again, to move the fluid to the rear washer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts