Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Subaru Legacy Outback 2.2l Manual
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to remove my rear wiper arm because it is really rusty and I wanna hit it with a couple coats of spray paint. I pulled back the plastic cover for the narrow brass colored nut and loosened that all the way. Having no success after loosening that screw I decided to **** with that cover and cut it back so I could maybe see what was holding me back. No luck with that, so that is why I have sought more advice from the online experts. What am I missing?

·
Registered
97 Outback 240000
1,140 Posts
The advice I took for the front wiper removal was to repeatedly bump the area that is broad just toward the articulated end from the spring with the heal of my hand. If the back is similar to my front wipers it is just stuck from decades of grime. I was about to try a faucet puller tool, which would probably have worked, but the bump was easier.

·
Registered
1996 Subaru Legacy Outback 2.2l Manual
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some PB Blaster, time and a significant amount of wiggling was what it took to get the fronts off, gonna try some more vigorous wiggling/tapping and hope for the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts