Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my rear wiper is off center. In rest, one side is way too high. There is a centering mark in the middle of the rubber part that touches the glass; the mark is off to the right. Is there a easy way to adjust instead of a trip to the dealer? BTW I noticed 05 - current generation have the same rear wiper systems...

Any suggestions is appreciated.:)

·
Registered
16,308 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "off center" and "In rest, one side is way too high". Do you mean that the wiper arm isn't returning to the normal park position when the wiper is turned off? Perhaps a photo might help.

Also, which car?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When parked, the arm sits a bit too high, so during sweeping, the tip almost touches the edge of the glass when it swings to the other end. So instead of a 9am - 3pm sweep, it's a 9:30 to 3:30 sweep. It's for the 2013. On the 07 & 08 when parked the arm sits perfectly level to the ground & does not obstruse views.

I took the cover off & losened the bolt & it seems that the bolt does nothing... pulling the arm a bit & nothing gives. It seems that the entire assembly was off center when installed at the factory?

·
Registered
16,970 Posts
When parked, the arm sits a bit too high, so during sweeping, the tip almost touches the edge of the glass when it swings to the other end. So instead of a 9am - 3pm sweep, it's a 9:30 to 3:30 sweep. It's for the 2013. On the 07 & 08 when parked the arm sits perfectly level to the ground & does not obstruse views.

I took the cover off & losened the bolt & it seems that the bolt does nothing... pulling the arm a bit & nothing gives. It seems that the entire assembly was off center when installed at the factory?
it's a spline connection I think. Did you actually lift the arm off and reposition it? You may need to.

·
Registered
16,308 Posts
It seems that the entire assembly was off center when installed at the factory?
Yes, it would seem that's the case if it was that way from the beginning.

It's not serious, and if you have a routine service coming up in the future, I'd just leave it for the dealer. The wiper arm does fit on a splined shaft (the shaft that the bolt is on) and these can sometimes require a puller to remove the arm. Probably something the dealer technician can do in just a few minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
plain OM
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing