Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
Discussion Starter #1
I totally debadged the hatch about a month ago. I don't care for the way it looks, so I'm going to rebage. I'm just trying to decide wether to put it at the stock location, lower than stock, or way lower than stock- I'm fishing for opinions os here's some photochops:

stock

lower than stock

way lower than stock

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
I like it at the lowest postion :)

Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
Personally I'd try putting just the Pleiades Badge at the middle location, like the Aussie MY04 OBW's have. Other than that, I prefer the "lower than stock" look..

Cheers,

Karl

Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
Suggestion - try increasing the kerning, or distance between the letters:

from

SUBARU

to

S U B A R U

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
The_Lizard said:
Suggestion - try increasing the kerning, or distance between the letters:

from

SUBARU

to

S U B A R U
You should spread the letters out and make them into an arch across the back! :p

Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
You could mess around by buying extra letters from the dealer, then compose any anagram of the letters in "subaru" - for example, buy another S and spell URSUS.

or,

BURBS R US

let your imagination play.

:D

OBS Obsessed, ,
Or, get the I M P R E Z A badging perhaps? And in a lower position.

I would like to do that myself but I just know with as anal as I am I would drive myself nuts trying to get it on there just right/level/evenly spaced.

I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
Discussion Starter #9
I like the impreza badge, but I'm not willing to pay $80! for it- that's just nvts.

You want to talk about anal? I took measurements off of the photo I used to do the chop- measured out everything on the photo- calculated the actual measurements for the hatch- and I'm going to lay out the back of the car with drafting tape when I get around to putting the letters back on.

I'm torn between lower than stock and way lower than stock- maybe I should split the difference and go "somewhat" lower than stock.

I'll answer the other suggestions with more photochops

OBS Obsessed, ,
Wow, is it that much?! Yikes that is steep. I am thinking of getting a green I badge to replace my front grill badge. $25 thru Teagues.

I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
Discussion Starter #11
here's somewhat lower than stock. this one should be easy to setup- the baseline is the line between the red and white on the tail lights.

Attachments

Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
Leave it naked. What is the real reason to put them back on? Too many people asking you what kind of car it is?:D I like my naked rear......I like the lower the better of all the pics above. Brian

I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
Discussion Starter #13
It's just too naked! I just think it needs something on the back

Registered
05 XT
HI just one question. If i debadge the back of my car, the words should come right off, right? i saw somewhere an outback symbol for the back of the car, and it had to little like stumps coming out of the back of the letters, that look like if i debadged the car, there would be two holes on the back of my car? Ive debadged cars before, and i've never seen it before, but i still dont want to do something stupid. Thanks.

-Will

Registered
'04 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport H-4 4EAT Platinum Silver Metallic
Hmmmm. Well this car in this thread is a Impreza Outback Sport, which I have too, and I don't recall anyone saying their (Legacy)Outback had holes anyplace.

Seems like that practice of putting holes to hold them has been replaced by that double-sided tape, unlike those older cars with everything from side moldings to badges being mounted into the body. But I know what you mean, I was hesitant anyhow when removing mine.

I only removed my IMPREZA badge. It didn't have anything except difficult to clean off sticker stuff but I left the OUTBACK one, as well as the S U B A R U letters.

kestonh was doing this before I joined here, wonder how it finished up? Guess I'll go searching for that answer since it isn't said here... maybe in the gallery someplace.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts