Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an automatic '01 Limited wagon which I noticed has a couple of outstanding recalls 1) parking rod and 2) engine cooling system conditioner. Can both be handled by the dealer at the same time? Which dealers in Bergen County are reputable? Thanks Paisan :)

·
Registered
2001 OUTBACK LTD
4 Posts
I too have a 2001 outback Lt. While you are at the dealer, have them check your head-gastket, PLease. I brought mine 22 payments ago with 25,000mi on it. Now i have 64,000mi. 100,000 / 5yr you know what. It SAVED me $1,895.88.. Get everything checked,repaired,replaced,etc. I live in NY, can't help you with a dealer, but maybe this will save you a major headache. I got a recall for the Following: hand brake cable, rear axle rust stuff, leak-e rear sunroof, rear sunroof shade off the track. I hope you have a war-e-t. The dealership that i used was BK-Khole in orangetown NY. I hope this helps. The O.B. is a great car to drive. It starts every time i put the key in. It raely breaks down. Try that with a volvo-X70, BMW-325ix, VW-Passat-4m. I brought the O.B. for myself, but the Boss-aka-Wife, thinks it's hers. Ya-right. Take care and let me know how you did. Coyote7

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2005 Outback XT Limited MT
2,408 Posts
Welcome aboard Coyote7.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd 5MT Champagne
2,715 Posts
Coyote7 said:
I too have a 2001 outback Lt. While you are at the dealer, have them check your head-gastket, PLease. I brought mine 22 payments ago with 25,000mi on it. Now i have 64,000mi. 100,000 / 5yr you know what. It SAVED me $1,895.88.. Get everything checked,repaired,replaced,etc. I live in NY, can't help you with a dealer, but maybe this will save you a major headache. I got a recall for the Following: hand brake cable, rear axle rust stuff, leak-e rear sunroof, rear sunroof shade off the track. I hope you have a war-e-t. The dealership that i used was BK-Khole in orangetown NY. I hope this helps. The O.B. is a great car to drive. It starts every time i put the key in. It raely breaks down. Try that with a volvo-X70, BMW-325ix, VW-Passat-4m. I brought the O.B. for myself, but the Boss-aka-Wife, thinks it's hers. Ya-right. Take care and let me know how you did. Coyote7
Welcome aboard Coyote7! Sounds like you will fit right in ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Coyote ! Don't have the warranty but now have 45k miles with no problems and have gotten no recalls for the items you noted. Have you changed tires from the Wilderness model? If so what tires did you pick?
Tony

·
Registered
2001 OUTBACK LTD
4 Posts
What's up guys? Thank you for your reply. I used to have the Wilderness Tires. Now i have GoodYear Assurance Tires. I have had no headaches with these tires. They are P225/60R16-97T. Treadwear-740--TempA--TrackB. $117.95 per tire. Ouch!!??!! you say, yep; regets, naw. Try these tires out guys. The O.B. corners on rails, rooster tails water away from car, and snow build up isn't as bad. Min, snow build up that is. How are you guys with your brakes? Scooby need better brakes. My brother-in-laws BMW-325ix stops on a dime; O.K. maybe 25 cents. Scoobys, $1.50-$2.00.
I drove the New Scooby 2005-WRX-STI [email protected]# machine. 300hp-301pounds of balls. I WANT IT BAD!!!!!!!, But the Boss said that I could buy it if i want it, but she said i can't drive it. Something about mid-life -something. She said that she needs a new car and i should buy her one. Ya-right. I need a good pair of yellow Fog lights, low profile maybe. In W.VA when it rains,it rains and when it snows, you better be driving a subaru with the Z-Chain as a back-up. Can't see jack when it rains or snows hard. Does sub sell window vent thing? If so, where does it go? Rim-less doors ya-know. I drove to my home-town of Bluefield-W.VA. I got 38mpg, Highway driving cruse-control Doing 65. Thats 570mi-Div-by 15-gallons. No Bull. Real driving got loss recovered and got the heck outa there. The troopers were out looking for out of towners to give tickets to. I get about 21-25 mix driving. What about you guys. Let me know. Take care and Please drive safe. Coyote7

1 - 6 of 6 Posts