Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an e-mail this morning regarding a recall on Subaru remote start fobs. Kinda silly if you ask me, but I'm taking mine in next week.

IF you drop the remote, the battery COULD dislodge, and POSSIBLY damage the circuit board, causing INTERMITTENT signals to MAYBE start your car unintentionally. All safety hardware will still work, so it still wouldn't start with the hood up, car running, or doors open, but it could start in an enclosed garage, causing carbon monoxide build up.

Info below:

http://kristensenlaw.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/RCRIT-13V061-6699.pdf

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I got one too but I think it was from my 2012 that I traded in. It says nothing about the all-in-one SAP push button start remote which includes the remote starter.

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably so Nick. It seems to be a problem with the key fob. Since SAP has a different fob, it probably doesn't have the same problem. Wouldn't hurt to call just in case though.

I believe I received e-mails about my Legacy GT until I actually removed it from the MySubaru website. I still get confused when I receive tax bills that have a 2011 Legacy listed (apparently my county and state still consider it a Legacy Outback lol)

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
I got one too but I think it was from my 2012 that I traded in. It says nothing about the all-in-one SAP push button start remote which includes the remote starter.
SAP RS are not included in this recall.

·
Registered
2010 Outback Limited 3.6R
63 Posts
I got the letter in the mail. Very disappointed with SOA. They should know that my 2010 was delivered without remote start.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5 EyeSight & 2010 Legacy Premium, 2010 OB Limited (traded)
2,129 Posts
I got the letter in the mail. Very disappointed with SOA. They should know that my 2010 was delivered without remote start.
It didn't have to be delivered with remote start to qualify for the recall. It could have been dealer installed or even owner installed as mine was. That's why they sent it to everyone. I am sure they know which ones were delivered with remote start.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.
1,129 Posts
I installed remote start myself... and I just had the recall done. They also did the ECM recall (reflash) at the same time. Also, when I got the car back, there were three remotes -- two new ones and the one old one that I had never used. Much to my surprise, all three work!

The real bonus is that my keys got dropped into a glass of beer (quite by accident) a while back. Everything worked afterwards, except the remote start wouldn't blink to acknowledge that the car had started. Subaru was nice enough to do this recall and get me not two working remotes, but three!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ya I had my sunroof replaced and I installed the RS but never had it activated. I mentioned the recall on the remote and they replaced and key'd my RS unit to my vehicle for free. SCORE!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts