Subaru Outback Forums banner

241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5
136 Posts
Nothing to do with information= power. It has to do with Subaru following NHTSA's plan for the recall.

So what information/power did you need earlier before the airbag was a danger?
If party A has information that may be useful to party B, yet party B is unaware of the existence of said information, who is in the more powerful position?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know when they will be issuing parts for the E-brake recall or the best place to check on that from time to time? I can't believe it's been almost 4 months with no fix yet.
Got a notice about three weeks ago now that they had parts, called the local dealer (Subaru of Muskegon), got an appointment for the last Friday.

This service is listed in their work instructions as a 1.5 hour labor job. IF YOU LIVE IN THE RUST BELT YOU WILL WAIT LONGER! I was one of the first three this dealer has scheduled, and the second to get the service performed. The first car was there the same day as me and they had some rusty clip break and had to order parts to finish the next day. I was there four four solid hours and they got it done.

I will note, I have had great success with this dealer for the airbag recall, which I had done in mid-June (the actual closest dealer to where I live wasn't going to schedule that service until the end of December, didn't bother to call about the parking brake).

·
Registered
2012 2.5 Outback Manual
21 Posts
Not to complain, but all the links at the start of this post are dead. Perhaps it has something to do with the site redo?

·
Registered
2012 2.5 Outback Manual
21 Posts
Also just got the notice that remedy parts are available for the parking brake recall on my '12 manual, have yet to schedule service.

·
Registered
2014 Outback 3.6R
18 Posts
Not really a recall, but a long warranty extension.

I got a letter extending the warranty to 15 years/unlimited milage for 2010-2014 Legacy/Outback with CVT or 5AT from Subaru of America on the electronic parking brake assembly.

Also will reimburse if you paid to get it fixed. (Form http://soaclaimform.custhelp.com/app/EPBForm )

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
735 Posts
I received my EPB extended warranty letter in yesterday's mail. Glad to have it in my possession. What EPB components typically fail in these assemblies, and why?

·
Registered
2013 Outback, 2.5i Limited w/ Moonroof
1,537 Posts
Not really a recall, but a long warranty extension.

I got a letter extending the warranty to 15 years/unlimited milage for 2010-2014 Legacy/Outback with CVT or 5AT from Subaru of America on the electronic parking brake assembly.

Also will reimburse if you paid to get it fixed. (Form http://soaclaimform.custhelp.com/app/EPBForm )
Got my letter this week also.

With 129k miles on my wife's Outback, we have had absolutely no problem with the EPB. But it is good to have the extended warranty.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I got the letter for the '14 legacy and I also have a '10 outback 3.6R... both parking brakes work fine and are used on a daily basis.

As for recalls it concerns me that people cannot be bothered to get them done.. I bought my 2010 3.6R and it has 2 open recalls that were at least 3 years old (air bag and wiper motor) so you mean to tell me that over 9 years and 140K one could not be bothered to get them done?

·
Registered
26 Posts
2003-2014 Subaru Outback recall:

Subaru is recalling 497,922 vehicles to replace front passenger airbag inflators. These same vehicles were part of a recall in which defective Takata airbag inflators received temporary replacements until permanent ones were available.

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
735 Posts
My 2013 3.6R's front passenger airbag ignitor was replaced in January 2019 under the previous TKB-19 recall. Looks like we will have to go through the process again. Sure hope they finally get it right....

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
4,799 Posts
Subaru is recalling 497,922 vehicles to replace front passenger airbag inflators.....
Another thread was started that I just posted a detailed summary regarding why this is happening a second time; @administrator, you may want to merge threads:

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Limited 2013 Crosstrek Premium
17 Posts
I'll have to look again now!!! just recently looked at recalls/campaigns for my 2010 3.6 5eat. the parking brake reads as more of an issue for manual trans in that if the car is parked in the "wrong gear" and the brake fails then the car could roll away. might be a recall for manuals and a warranty extension for autos.

also now i'll look into this new air bag recall. i still haven't had the first one done (really a temp fix??????? WT!!!!

also been neglecting the second wiper motor back cover recall ........ talk about twofers......

Lastly does anyone have pics of the puddle light fused harness? my car has supposedly had this recall done but my puddle lights shorted out and started smoking in the rocker panel. I disconnected them so I could get my Sat radio working again (same fuse, Sat radio only not radio). I believe the 250 Ma fuse??? should be located just after the plug for the harness going to each rocker panel. I cannot seem to locate this inline fuse in my harnesses.

·
Registered
221 Posts
^ I had the recall done on my '10 3.6R but the puddle lights no longer work... I will be remedying that in the spring when I do some troubleshooting

·
Registered
2012 Outback Ltd 3.6r
376 Posts
2003-2014 Subaru Outback recall:

Subaru is recalling 497,922 vehicles to replace front passenger airbag inflators. These same vehicles were part of a recall in which defective Takata airbag inflators received temporary replacements until permanent ones were available.

Mine was also replaced last year, however, I'm not positive all the vehicles under the prior recall are again being recalled. The numbers don't add up, if you look at how many were done, and consider that not all the vehicles up to 2014 were in fact done. - The recall was performed by geographic location and vehicle age, with older or warm/humid areas (A) being done first, then (B) the next set of states. Not sure the final set of states (C) were ever recalled, prior to now. Admittedly, I didn't keep track of which were and which weren't that closely, once mine was done.

For what its worth, neither MySubaru.com or the NHTSA site show my '12 as having an outstanding recall, but maybe the latest recall isn't yet in their system.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks they're just trying to bring us into the showroom to buy a newer model! 😃

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
735 Posts
As mentioned previously, my 2013 3.6R had the Takata TKB-19 front passenger airbag ignitor recall performed in January 2019. The new kit number installed at that time was 98279AJ06A. After speaking with SOA last week, my understanding is that all Subaru vehicles receiving this kit number are currently deemed safe and are not part of the new recall. I will continue to check safercar.org periodically to see if my vehicle eventually shows up as being recalled again.

241 - 257 of 257 Posts