Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my 2013 Limited with Eyesight today and I am in love lol. It is incredibly comfortable compared to my 2004 350z Roadster. The handling is great. Eyesight is some amazing stuff. I really enjoy the Adaptive Cruise Control and the other safety features are awesome. It sure is quick to yell when you wander lanes!

Next up is my Torklift hitch and 1upusa bike rack and then it is road trip time.

Thanks everyone for the awesome information that has been posted on these forums. I have been lurking for months trying to finally reach a decision and it would not have been possible without all the information here. I knew to adjust the NAV volume before I took it home lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Touring (Wilderness Green)
376 Posts
Good to see there's more than just a couple of us who buy the green ones. :p

·
Registered
2015 Twilight Blue Legacy Premium
466 Posts
I don't know what it is about the refresh, but I never liked the green, the white, or caramel bronze. For some reason I like all 3 colors on the refresh. If white or caramel bronze came with black interior, I definitely would have considered one of those colors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got my green 2.5 2013 ltd last Monday 8/13. 320 miles so far. It's hands down the best car I've owned. My previous car was a Ford Explorer. I still have a little less than 1/2 the tank of gas I got from the dealer and I've driven it 310 miles (it had 11 at delivery). The car says I can drive 170 more miles before I run out of gas. Almost 500 miles on 1 tank of gas?!? Whoo Hooo!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a fan of the green and the white interior doesn't bother me. I have black in the Z so a contrast is nice.

I'm looking foward to the superior mpg. The Z loves to gobble some premium fuel for sure.

·
Banned
238 Posts
I really like the green. I would have got green if it came with a dark interior. I hate light interiors.

Instead, I got graphite.
Likewise, I liked green OB but its light ivory interior was a show stopper.
Instead I ordered 2013 3.6R Limited in Twilight Blue Metallic with off black interior. When I got the car, all I could say WOW! TBM is such a nice color! Looks very classy and balanced. Not too bright, not too dark and does not have that reddish undertone like Deep Indigo.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.
982 Posts
Likewise, I liked green OB but its light ivory interior was a show stopper.
Instead I ordered 2013 3.6R Limited in Twilight Blue Metallic with off black interior. When I got the car, all I could say WOW! TBM is such a nice color! Looks very classy and balanced. Not too bright, not too dark and does not have that reddish undertone like Deep Indigo.
My wife and I were scared of the light interior but we liked the looks more after having the black in our legacy. Once we realized the carpet was still black we said screw it and went with the color combo we liked more! We're pretty clean and I have big black seat protectors under the kids anyway.

·
Registered
'15 Forester 2.5 CVT
198 Posts
If there's so few green ones on the road, it's because the color of the interior is obligatorily light (dirtying) Ivory. If a had the choice between green with black or dark grey interior and silver (the color I get), I would choose the green one!

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Touring (Wilderness Green)
376 Posts
If there's so few green ones on the road, it's because the color of the interior is obligatorily light (dirtying) Ivory. If a had the choice between green with black or dark grey interior and silver (the color I get), I would choose the green one!
While I might agree that it shows stains more, I've seen some really dirty black interiors that looked nasty from folks who believe black (or off-black) doesn't get dirty.

I don't mind the lighter interior, as the 2001 I had stood up really well from 12 years of use, despite the light interior, and despite spills that included chocolate, ice cream, and soda.

·
Registered
2013 OB Ltd. 2.5i Satin White Pearl - Special Appearance Package
87 Posts
Congratulations!!! I like the green, and prefer a light interior. Our 2010 Forester XT Limited has the light gray seats and they look almost as good as day 1.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited Graphite Gray Metallic with power moonroof, Auto dim rear view mirror & home link, Backup camera and Media hub
251 Posts
Can you tell me how much you paid for your Outback? I am really interested in the eyesight and rear air vent features in the 2013 model.

Thanks,

I just received my 2013 Limited with Eyesight today and I am in love lol. It is incredibly comfortable compared to my 2004 350z Roadster. The handling is great. Eyesight is some amazing stuff. I really enjoy the Adaptive Cruise Control and the other safety features are awesome. It sure is quick to yell when you wander lanes!

Next up is my Torklift hitch and 1upusa bike rack and then it is road trip time.

Thanks everyone for the awesome information that has been posted on these forums. I have been lurking for months trying to finally reach a decision and it would not have been possible without all the information here. I knew to adjust the NAV volume before I took it home lol.

·
Registered
2012 Outback, 3.6R Limited
16 Posts
I like the green too, and that's what I got in my 2012 Outback 3.6 Limited with moonroof (3/12 build date). The Ivory-colored leather seats are probably easier to keep clean than if they were cloth...especially since they've been treated too. But as I've said before, besides the obvious power of the 3.6, the ride on this Subaru is exceptional...solid, level, and comfortable. Holds turns and sweepers with not even a hint of leaning and quiet. Stock suspension to boot!!! I'm keeping the tire pressures at 1 psi over spec (33f, 31 r). Has 4,000 miles presently, so time will tell how the suspension does with more miles.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Premium 6MT
546 Posts
I like the green too, and that's what I got in my 2012 Outback 3.6 Limited with moonroof (3/12 build date). The Ivory-colored leather seats are probably easier to keep clean than if they were cloth...especially since they've been treated too. But as I've said before, besides the obvious power of the 3.6, the ride on this Subaru is exceptional...solid, level, and comfortable. Holds turns and sweepers with not even a hint of leaning and quiet. Stock suspension to boot!!! I'm keeping the tire pressures at 1 psi over spec (33f, 31 r). Has 4,000 miles presently, so time will tell how the suspension does with more miles.
If it ain't leanin', you ain't going fast enough :>

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you tell me how much you paid for your Outback? I am really interested in the eyesight and rear air vent features in the 2013 model.

Thanks,
I don't like dealing with salesmen and am willing to pay the premium just to get my car and GTFO. I paid 32384 and it came with

Body Side Molding
Cargo Net - Rear Side
Puddle Lights
Rear Bumper Cover
Splash Guards

I absolutely could have got them to come off the price but I just didn't want to deal with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts