Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 2003 red outback. Want to put a little money into making it look nice. I’ve been doing a bit of looking around with LED strips, new steering wheel etc. just wondering what others have done and what they would recommend?

·
Registered
2000 OB Brighton, 2005 OB 2.5 Euro Spec, 2007 OB w/ DIY 2" Lift
138 Posts
Tinted windows? Keeps everything cooler, and prevents people from looking in the back to see if anything is worth lifting.

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2.5
275 Posts
I've thrown in some OEM options from higher trims. Cup holder on the thing near the radio. Auto dimming mirror. Tweeters. Cargo area cover and net. Keeping it simple seems to work best.

·
Registered
2012 OB Limited 3.6Rrrrr
118 Posts
I just cleaned her up and swapped in leather. A few choice leds here and there and voila

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Is that really 292k miles? Impressive!
And, what is that program/device showing the 0-60, etc.?
Nice work on the LED's and such... nice

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5
577 Posts
Is that really 292k miles? Impressive!
And, what is that program/device showing the 0-60, etc.?
Nice work on the LED's and such... nice
Yup, approaching 295k now
That's the torque app on my android 10" screen radio via Bluetooth dongle
Thank you sir, I actually have my watch in front of the cluster because I hadn't noticed until then that my watch face matched

·
Registered
2003 Outback 2.5
12 Posts
Yup, approaching 295k now
That's the torque app on my android 10" screen radio via Bluetooth dongle
Thank you sir, I actually have my watch in front of the cluster because I hadn't noticed until then that my watch face matched

Hey, I've been looking for an android head unit but haven't really found much info about them. There doesn't seem to be a model specific for the 2nd gen Outback. Is that just a 2din head unit? Did you have to cut the trim etc.? And could you possibly find a link for the one you have?

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5
577 Posts
Hey, I've been looking for an android head unit but haven't really found much info about them. There doesn't seem to be a model specific for the 2nd gen Outback. Is that just a 2din head unit? Did you have to cut the trim etc.? And could you possibly find a link for the one you have?
Unfortunately we don't have a model specific version but we really don't need one. Any double din should fit with no issue. If you want a large screen like mine, learn from my mistake and get this or one similar with a detachable screen, makes installation SO much easier. I had to get creative since mine is basically a tablet with brackets

1 - 8 of 8 Posts