Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited w/ ES - Crystal White Pearl
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahlo! I did a search, but really couldn't find anything very recent.

I just relocated to the Atlanta area from the Chicago area. I've lived here before, but didn't have a Subaru when I did. I've always had maintenance done by the dealership. I know what some of the responses may be, but I've had really good service/experiences from my dealer in Reno NV (Lithia) where I bought the car, and at Gerald Subaru in N Aurora IL. I don't find the pricing offensive, and like I can go to Subaru with feedback if there is an issue.

Will have an oil change / tire rotation done w/in a couple weeks. Will also needs brakes (possibly as at the next appointment) and new tires not too far behind.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6 Pkg #23 & #5,Tungsten, EcoHitch, Husky Floor Liners
59 Posts
I do the oil/filters/rotations myself, but I did have Troncalli Subaru Cumming do the brake flush for the 36 month service. I did not have any problems with the two service visits in the last 3 years. Nor did they push any extra work.

I had searched for a place to take the car when I first got it. I had found one blog where someone said Gwinnett Subaru could not fix a problem and that Stivers Subaru in Decatur was able to resolve it. Gwinnett and Cumming are my closest dealerships, so I chose Troncalli based on the various reviews that I read.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited; 2" LP Aventure lift, LPA skid plates and small bumper guard, diff breather relocation, subframe skids; Motegi MR118 17x8et32 wheels; Yakima LoadWarrior with extension; ARB
318 Posts
AllPro Subaru in Alpharetta is good people for sure. Gwinnett is my dealership, and so far I've been decently happy with them (dealt with them for a couple warranty issues, and a first service). Getting a hold of someone during a warranty issue was a little tough at times, but I do understand that I am far from their only customer. The part I dislike about dealerships, which seems pretty common, is the practice of using a service advisor between a technician and the owner. For many, this isn't an issue...but for those of us that know cars better, and/or do some of our own work, etc, its a practice that irks me a bit.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
AllPro Subaru in Alpharetta is good people for sure. Gwinnett is my dealership, and so far I've been decently happy with them (dealt with them for a couple warranty issues, and a first service). Getting a hold of someone during a warranty issue was a little tough at times, but I do understand that I am far from their only customer. The part I dislike about dealerships, which seems pretty common, is the practice of using a service advisor between a technician and the owner. For many, this isn't an issue...but for those of us that know cars better, and/or do some of our own work, etc, its a practice that irks me a bit.
Service advisors serve a purpose. If techs had to spend all day dealing with customers they would never have time to deal with vehicles....plus their salary is based on turning wrenches, not spinning words.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited; 2" LP Aventure lift, LPA skid plates and small bumper guard, diff breather relocation, subframe skids; Motegi MR118 17x8et32 wheels; Yakima LoadWarrior with extension; ARB
318 Posts
Service advisors serve a purpose. If techs had to spend all day dealing with customers they would never have time to deal with vehicles....plus their salary is based on turning wrenches, not spinning words.

Oh, I get the reasoning behind it for sure. It still frustrates me though, I'd just much rather talk to the person whose hands are on my car versus getting second hand info.

·
Registered
2014 3.6R Limited
955 Posts
Subaru of Kenesaw has always gone above and beyond for me! They even balanced my tires for free after a tire shop I had been using for 25 years or so changed hands and screwed me on my lifetime balancing contract I had with the previous owner! Had the weights 90 degrees from where they should be and told me my tires were separating! Went to Kenesaw since they put the tires on the car and watched them spin them on the balancer. Back to her pleasant smooth ride after that!

·
Registered
2001 OBW VDC, 2004 WRX, 1999 LEGACY L (in a heap)
1,270 Posts
2nd note for Allpro.

They aren't perfect, but its hard to top their knowledge base and price when compared to a dealership.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited w/ ES - Crystal White Pearl
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the recommendations all. Ended up going to Stivers in Decatur as it was the closest to me. I went there for oil change and tire rotation in November, and then again just last week for new tires. I got Yokohama Avid Ascend GT’s. Pricing was a hair better that Tire Rack. Service advisors are friendly and professional and didn’t try to push anything extra. They are in the process of expanding their shop. This past visit for tires they had to bring down the street for the complimentary wash. Took an extra 45 minutes. Didn’t have to be anywhere, but was not happy. My service advisor was apologetic and comped me a free oil change next time round. Interested to see how turn around time improves with the expanded shop.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium
46 Posts
I too use Stivers in Decatur and have had nothing but good experiences with them. They do take a while as they are a smaller shop and there are some many customers going there but they are knowledgeable and don't push things you don't need. Love the new service center and am now eager to see what pricing they can get me on some new tires compared to tirerack!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts