Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Outback 2.5XT MT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to drive with the windows down but it is noisy. Any recommendation for a window deflector?

·
Registered
2008 OB EJ25
10 Posts
As far as I know, there are none that will work since the windows are frame-less. I would love to know if you find something that will work!

·
Registered
2009 Outback 3.0R Ltd RIP 2006 Baja Turbo
109 Posts
A bit pricey and would recommend you verify fitment but look here...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any thoughts on these? These are externally mounted

·
Registered
2008 OB EJ25
10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Outback 3.0R Ltd RIP 2006 Baja Turbo
109 Posts
I would call the manufacturer to discuss the correct part number, 94356 or 94424 and address any other concerns
Lund international /AVS (800) 241-7219

·
Premium Member
2006 Outback Sedan LLBean
549 Posts
So funny this is in the feeds today. I was just gonna contact AVS. I have them. They work, but you have to out them on perfectly. I erred on the low side and I have to keep windows down the slightest bit to avoid windows hitting and bending them. I should have placed them a bit higher.

I'm gonna call and see if they'll send new ones as I usually (out of habit) close the windows all the way. Well opening makes noise to earn you, but closing in my case chipped the visor.

Love them and they are functional, but hate the lack of detailed instructions for proper mounting.

Sent from my V35-ThinQ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Presently 2000 Legacy GT wagon 2.5, five speed. Maybe an '07 Forester LL Bean. Formerly 53 Ford fordor; 67, 68 and 72 Mustangs; 1950 Caddy model 61, '64 Sedan De Ville; etc. etc.
47 Posts
I put Ventvisors on my 05 Outback.
I' m reasonably happy with them...I would suggest using blue masking tape to trial install them BEFORE actually using the supplied double-sided tape to mount them.
Do not be afraid to check the adjustments several times, as once they're on, THEY ARE ON.
That way you can see if there will be interference with the doors opening with windows up.
Look for at least 1/16th inch clearance.

Make sure you clean off any dirt and wax FIRST before applying tape...glass cleaner and alcohol, or wax remover will work well.

So far so good, they have been on for over 14 months, no detachment or movement problems.
I find that I can have the front windows open a bit in rain conditions while driving, and water tends NOT to get in/drips.
Same when running the windshield washer.
While parked and hanging out/waiting for someone, again, they allow a bit of ventilation so no rain will get in.

·
Registered
2008 OB EJ25
10 Posts
I put Ventvisors on my 05 Outback.
I' m reasonably happy with them...I would suggest using blue masking tape to trial install them BEFORE actually using the supplied double-sided tape to mount them.
Do not be afraid to check the adjustments several times, as once they're on, THEY ARE ON.
That way you can see if there will be interference with the doors opening with windows up.
Look for at least 1/16th inch clearance.

Make sure you clean off any dirt and wax FIRST before applying tape...glass cleaner and alcohol, or wax remover will work well.

So far so good, they have been on for over 14 months, no detachment or movement problems.
I find that I can have the front windows open a bit in rain conditions while driving, and water tends NOT to get in/drips.
Same when running the windshield washer.
While parked and hanging out/waiting for someone, again, they allow a bit of ventilation so no rain will get in.
Hi SgtMustache, Which ones did you go with? Could you post a pic?

·
Premium Member
2006 Outback Sedan LLBean
549 Posts
These are AVS on my 06 OBSedan. Included a pic of the one that got damaged. Literally half a millimeter would have prevented this.

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
743 Posts
@jwrezz I'm jealous, You have your own personal fire hydrant

·
Registered
2009 Legacy Outback Special Edition "Blackie"
11 Posts
I can confirm that AVS #94356 work perfectly on my '09. I ordered them from Amazon. Just layout with masking tape and check clearances with all door glass before attaching. I wasn't 100% sure about the two-piece configuration, but the seem to be holding up great. Way better than the OE Subaru 1-piece clip-on design that I had on my '97 when new; those things were over-priced crap, but the only option at the time.

·
Registered
2008 Outback 3.0R L.L. Bean
48 Posts
So funny this is in the feeds today. I was just gonna contact AVS. I have them. They work, but you have to out them on perfectly. I erred on the low side and I have to keep windows down the slightest bit to avoid windows hitting and bending them. I should have placed them a bit higher.

I'm gonna call and see if they'll send new ones as I usually (out of habit) close the windows all the way. Well opening makes noise to earn you, but closing in my case chipped the visor.

Love them and they are functional, but hate the lack of detailed instructions for proper mounting.

You can try reducing the lip with a hand planer, chisel, sander, or a cheese grater ;P

My Humble Build: Christopher Setter's 2008 Subaru Outback on Wheelwell

·
Registered
2008 OB EJ25
10 Posts
I can confirm that AVS #94356 work perfectly on my '09. I ordered them from Amazon. Just layout with masking tape and check clearances with all door glass before attaching. I wasn't 100% sure about the two-piece configuration, but the seem to be holding up great. Way better than the OE Subaru 1-piece clip-on design that I had on my '97 when new; those things were over-priced crap, but the only option at the time.
The item listing on Amazon shows it fits 2005-2007. It does not list 2008. Was there any difference between '07 and '08 other than the ribs on the hood? It's strange, even the Autoanything.com listing shows they do not fit an '08 Outback. I wonder why they think these do not fir the '08.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts