Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Silver Onyx XT Outback
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are under Stay at home guidelines for my NC county (Mecklenburg) for at least 3 weeks. I am putting a battery tender (or trickle charger) on my Onyx every few days to keep the charge up. I keep one on my mower and a 2002 Audi TT Roadster that I don’t drive all the time and it makes a huge difference in battery life. There is always a drain on a newer cars battery and this will keep it charged if not being used for a while. I am just swapping the one from the TT but they are not expensive. Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Yep just don't go crazy without driving the subie for a few weeks. I know i would go nuts without driving mine. But with all joking aside i believe it should be fine sitting for a few weeks. Just look at all the cars that sit at the dealership for all that time before someone test drives it.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
If you want to use the trickle charger to keep it charged up, go for it. I don’t have a 2020, but I’ve left mine sitting for 5-6 weeks at a time (same with the prior Gen5 I had). Didn’t do anything special other than lock the doors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts