Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some decent seat covers for our new Outback. It has cream colored seats and I don't see them going the distance and staying in good shape. Years ago I heard of wetokole but those seem expensive. Maybe that is the going rate for decent covers nowadays. I'm all ears and eyes if you can make a recommendation and maybe advise of your experience. Thanks much!

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5
603 Posts
Are you wanting the type that completely cover the seats full-time or the ones that attach temporarily, like when you are wet?

·
Registered
5,876 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm interested in this as well for my 2018 Outback.

The 'wilderness green' comes with "warm ivory" interior. Like to have something over it, covering the entire seats. Even the split rear seats.

Anyone have any good suggestions?

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Premium
3 Posts
i'm debating between cordura seat covers from marathon, and neoprene seat covers from Wet Okole. Does anyone have any thoughts on cordura vs. neoprene. it's hard to judge without being able to see and feel them installed.

·
Registered
Outback, 2018 Limited + Eyesight
13 Posts
Also, check out the YouTube videos on cleaning car leather seats.
I saw the warm leather and it's really good looking. I'm thinking of getting it but I'll care for it not cover it.
CliffordS

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,693 Posts
How about a pair of these?

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i
96 Posts
Why not enjoy what you have?
Covers can come later.
^ this.

I was thinking about getting seat covers for my beige seats last week and ended up not buying them. One reason being that the cheap stuff fits on like a crappy oversized plastic glove-looks messy. Two, what's the point in preserving the interior for the next owner when you're the one taking the depreciation hit? A clean interior with little wear will bring marginal value in the long run.

The only point in getting any sort of cover is really for people who KNOW they'll get messy. Pets, children, mud etc.

Also, I've never had luck with those seat covers that are airbag compatible. They thinner stitching that allows the airbag to protrude tears too easily with wear. Along with that, i don't think there is any cover thats compatible with the seat bottom mounted airbag found exclusively on these cars.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Necroposting here. Sorry.

I've got a set of Cordura covers coming from Decor Auto.

It was an easy decision after my dog pooped on my nice, somewhat new, cream colored cloth seats in my 2017 OB.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
17 Posts
Pets will surprise ya when you least expect it. I feel for ya! I gotta have covers.

·
Vendor
231 Posts
Pets will surprise ya when you least expect it. I feel for ya! I gotta have covers.
Pets is the reason to buy car covers, this is going to be way less expensive, than to have interior cleaned. We carry special seat covers that are made specifically as pet protectors. Here's the selection of Subaru Outback pet seat covers. Such covers feature water repellent coverage and extra nylon layer for even better protection. These may be of interest for pet owners or those, who often drive with kids.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited, ES, HK, hitch, wheel arch moldings, Glasscoat.
79 Posts
Hi Folks,

I love my Wet Okole neoprene seat covers. They are custom-tailored, lined outside and inside (so they don't stick or mar your seats), fit like a glove, look great, and are very comfortable. I've had mine on my '15 for three years, and they look new.

I got the Standard Color Seat Covers, black with black inserts, no piping, and they match my black interior. They look factory, rugged, and classy.

Sorry, I'm new and can't post links yet--just search on Wet Okole . HTH.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts