Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polling the internet to see if anyone has any recommendations for some touch up paint. Discovered a few rock chips in the paint (deeper than scratches) and looking to get those addressed before they get worse. Not super concerned with getting the areas to blend perfectly. I figure anything looks better than bare metal.

·
Super Moderator
12,108 Posts
Dealer for me.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have the Subaru stuff in the little bottle. Its nice as it has the ball point applicator as well as the "nail polish" brush. We started getting scrapes on the rear door edges (because Outbacks have huge doors). The ball point thingy doesnt work all that well but the brush works fine. It normally is $17 per bottle, but I got the dealer to give me one. I brought it up that dealers used to include touch up paint with new car purchases back in the 1980's and I thought that was stuill the case

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
I've used Subaru touch up bottles. The mica red ruby for my '98 was a perfect match, but the atlantic blue pearl for my '06 doesn't match at all. I wound up having some mixed at the local paint shop and it's much better.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have a touch up bottle with the ball point end that my dealer gave me as a freebee to fix a ding I didn't notice at delivery. It worked very well though the color isn't a perfect match.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've used:

Dr.ColorChip Custom Automotive Touch-Up Paint Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

With great results. Pricey, but blends well. If your not that concerned with blending go with the duplicolor pen/clearcoat pen from your local auto store.

One thing to note, Satin White Pearl (which is what I have) will be impossible to get an exact match, but you can get close enough.
I'll 2nd the Dr. ColorChip recommendation. I did my '07 Cosmic Blue
Mazda and except for a couple of chips that are related to actual dents,
the match is amazing.

Haven't had the '12 OB long enough to suffer any damage yet, but I will
be using the Dr. CC when that happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
JordanMayPhoto
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing