Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a dealer in the Iowa area. Dealer in my city doesn't deal much on price. I'm willing to drive a couple hundred miles. Any recommendations in Iowa or contiguous states?

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,119 Posts
Depending on your location in Iowa, your 200-mile range might open up Grand Subaru in Chicago to your options. Try them.

·
Registered
85BRAT97SVX03Baja5mtHonda's
2,174 Posts
Better off to go to Council Bluff/Omaha area, or else WI/MN

A flight to CO to Heurbergers is actually the BEST. they pick you up and you get your car for about 2/3 price of here in IA, then drive it home on 80. Most Huerberger new cars are priced lower than then dealers around here charrge for 3 yr old cars with 45k miles on them, serious.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the suggestions!

How much do you need to haggle with Heurbergers to get them to come down to 2/3 the price of Iowa dealers? The price he emailed me on a 2018 Outback Touring with splashguards (MSRP $38,563) is $34342, plus $489 D&H.

(I got a quote from an IA dealer for same vehicle, but also with popular package 3 and remote start (MSRP $39,018) for $35,843, plus $180 dealer fees.)

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,119 Posts
How much do you need to haggle with Heurbergers to get them to come down to 2/3 the price of Iowa dealers?
A flight to CO to Heurbergers is actually the BEST. they pick you up and you get your car for about 2/3 price of here in IA,......
You're not going to get 1/3 off (down to $24k, per numbers you reported) on anything but a stolen car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts