Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an orderable part number on the below relay holder for a 2019 Outback 3.6R Limited, though I suspect it is likely present on other model/years as well.
Unfortunatly, I cannot seem to locate this part anywhere.

This unit is located up and to the left of the break pedal:

The service manual refers to it as Relay Holder (R/H) [shown on the right] but does not list a part number anywhere that I can find:

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
1,923 Posts
I took a look at mine and it seems to have plastic spring clips on the left side. Maybe number is there. But also may be part of harness.

Reactions: walker

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took a look at mine and it seems to have plastic spring clips on the left side. Maybe number is there. But also may be part of harness.
Thanks provels, I have removed it from the spring clips and, unfortunately, have not been able to locate any identifying marks anywhere on it.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,563 Posts
The way wires appear to enter into the back of it, I would presume @provels is correct - it's part of the wire harness. Replacement it might entail getting into quite a bit more than just what you see here.

Why do you need a replacement anyway? Note that a 2019 is still under factory warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The way wires appear to enter into the back of it, I would presume @provels is correct - it's part of the wire harness. Replacement it might entail getting into quite a bit more than just what you see here.

Why do you need a replacement anyway? Note that a 2019 is still under factory warranty.
Thanks johnre! Do you suppose it's part of the WIRING HARNESS (MAIN). BULKHEAD ROOM or WIRING HARNESS (INSTRUMENTPANEL) ?

I actually don't need to replace it. I'm looking for a 5 relay box to switch a number of accessories and this existing relay box already has convenient mounting points to stick another one right next to it with some simple clips.
If it were an available OEM part this would seem like the simplest solution.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it were available, it would not be the least expensive.

You're going to be patching in wires anyway for connecting these accessories, there are lots of aftermarket options that have to cost less than replacement full wire harness segments. Here's one:

I appreciate the feedback and the alternate option johnre.
There are certainly no shortage of aftermarket fuse boxes available, I'm just really looking for one of these if at all possible and I was hoping someone knew something about it so thank you for the info.
It sounds like eBay or a pick-a-part might be my best options for locating one at this point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts