Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a friendly reminder that The Cyprus Rally is this weekend. It starts Friday and delayed coverage can be seen Sunday May 16 at 9:30pm on The Speed Channel. You can also follow coverage on www.wrc.com.

Enjoy.

Coming off a win in Greece Subaru and defending WRC champ Petter Solberg should have a good showing in this event. Solberg won in Cyprus last year.

Attachments

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
And for those of us without speed channel?? Cox cable still hasn't opened their eyes after they took it away from us basic cable folks. Oh well. Brian

·
Registered
194 Posts
bheinz57 said:
And for those of us without speed channel?? Cox cable still hasn't opened their eyes after they took it away from us basic cable folks. Oh well. Brian
You can go and take the car for a drive. At least yours is still running!

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Actually it has been in the body shop for the last two days, having to drive the Baja:rolleyes: . Bought the Baja last July and I just went over 3,500 miles!!! Nice comfy leather seats, though. That couple little dents on my fender from the gas can is going to total about $850 including the new fender. The paint better match 99.9% or I think I will be upset. Brian

·
Registered
287 Posts
Blue Ridge OBS said:
Coming off a win in Greece Subaru and defending WRC champ Petter Solberg should have a good showing in this event. Solberg won in Cyprus last year.
Don't you mean Rally New Zealand ? Greece is in two weeks....I have a calendar next to the computer with all the WRC events among others. Although if you were to post this after the Greece rally (meaning he wins it) it would be great also....

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Impressive 6th for Solberg considering what happend on the afternoon of day 1 and losing over 9 minutes. Mikko Hirvonen finished 7th.

Solberg and Subaru look on bright side
Cyprus - Subaru - Petter Solberg - 16/05/2004 14:35:56

Reigning world champion Petter Solberg and the Subaru team are looking on the bright side after losing out on a rally win in Cyprus which probably should have been theirs based on speed alone.

Solberg opened up an early lead on the first morning of the rally, but then ran into overheating problems, which cost him over nine minutes and any chance of a top result. He fough back, however, setting six fastest stage times - some by an impressive margin - to take an eventual sixth place.

“For me, the rally started better than it finished,” the Norwegian admitted. “Obviously I'm still disappointed about the radiator problem. But, without that it would have been a perfect rally. We should have had more points but I'm still pleased to take something away.

"As far as the championship goes, there are still plenty of rounds to go this year, so I'm focusing now on better fortunes in Greece. I'm sure the lessons we have learned here will be of great use. The car is perfect [in terms of pace], and I'm sure it will be really good on the next two rallies."

Team principal David Lapworth echoes Solberg’s sentiments. “We knew ahead of this trio of rough rallies [Cyprus, Greece and Turkey] that each would be eventful and although we felt confident, we knew we could take nothing for granted," he said.

"Of course we're disappointed to have been leading this rally and in the end to have taken only a few points, but at the same time we're pleased that we have proved the potential of the car in these extreme conditions. Looking ahead to the next two events, there's no reason why we shouldn't be challenging for the lead again and hopefully enjoying some better luck.”

© Copyright wrc.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Losiho
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing