Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just had a remote starter installed in my new 2020 Outback. It worked fine at the dealership but in the two days since the installation it's been very temperamental. The car will remote start fine sometimes using either the long distance fob or the regular key fob, but other times the remote start will fail and the car will beep three times (as seen in this video).

I only got one page of documentation from the dealer so what little guidance I have says that three flashes and three beeps are an indication of "the engine has turned off due to the remote start system fifteen (15) minute time out, a vehicle safety parameter, or normal shut down."

I have no idea what would keep the car from starting if it's just sitting in the driveway. All the doors are closed, there are no check engine issues, etc. I'll probably take this back to the dealer for them to troubleshoot but I'd appreciate any guidance you all may have!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey all,

I just had a remote starter installed in my new 2020 Outback. It worked fine at the dealership but in the two days since the installation it's been very temperamental. The car will remote start fine sometimes using either the long distance fob or the regular key fob, but other times the remote start will fail and the car will beep three times (as seen in this video).

I only got one page of documentation from the dealer so what little guidance I have says that three flashes and three beeps are an indication of "the engine has turned off due to the remote start system fifteen (15) minute time out, a vehicle safety parameter, or normal shut down."

I have no idea what would keep the car from starting if it's just sitting in the driveway. All the doors are closed, there are no check engine issues, etc. I'll probably take this back to the dealer for them to troubleshoot but I'd appreciate any guidance you all may have!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey all,

I believe the car must be fully locked, try that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts