Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been experiencing an issue with my remote start system in my 2019 Limited 3.6r. What seems to be happening is that I will use my remote start to start up my vehicle then proceed to go on with other business for 10-15 mins expecting to come back to my vehicle still running. Yet when I come back the car has shut off on its own. Has anyone seen this prior or heard or any similar cases? Thank You.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
3,967 Posts
The original (short range, integrated into the prox key) remote start function on the 2015s will only run for 15 minutes max, and I think it'll give you an extra 5 if you remote start a second time, but that's it. Pretty sure it can also be set to shut off sooner than 15 minutes. A year or 2 later, they introduced the long range remote start with a separate remote. No clue of the limitations on that system, or if there's any setting for that. Have you checked your manual? It should describe how the system functions and how to set the shut off time.

·
Registered
2012 Outback Ltd 3.6r
544 Posts
Most remote starts, regardless of brand, only run for 10, or sometimes 15 minutes at most. More elaborate systems will restart for a few minutes at a time for maybe 30 minutes, to keep things warm, that's it.

It's issues with emissions, safety (if car is indoors, like a garage), prevent running out of gas, and possibly overheating.

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
The original (short range, integrated into the prox key) remote start function on the 2015s will only run for 15 minutes max, and I think it'll give you an extra 5 if you remote start a second time, but that's it. Pretty sure it can also be set to shut off sooner than 15 minutes. A year or 2 later, they introduced the long range remote start with a separate remote. No clue of the limitations on that system, or if there's any setting for that. Have you checked your manual? It should describe how the system functions and how to set the shut off time.
Same shut off times for the long range system. After the 20 total minutes with the second start, the car must be started with the ignition on the car to reset the remote start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts