Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never had problems with my remote start on my OB until I took it to the dealer last week for a ECU and TCU update. It's subzero temps here and now when I start my car with OEM remote start, it shuts off after a few minutes. I tried using the other starter thinking it was the battery, but same problem.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
18 Outback 3.6r Touring
597 Posts
It's a longshot answer. In the installation instructions of the long range remote there is coding that has to be done to enable it. Possibly during the update these got reset and your dealer did not enable remote start?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Folks we just had and solved this exact same problem with the long range OEM remote starter kit that the dealer added on to our 2015 Outback. The issue is with the programmable settings on the starter, and one can reprogram that per the instructions that came with the remote kit (or by googling it, or contacting dealer for instructions). Not certain what causes the issue to begin with, but disconnecting the battery, which happens to everyone sooner or later when a battery dies, may cause the remote setting to drop to the lowest (shortest) time. You can reprogram it to run for 3, 5, 10, or 15 secs. The reprogramming process is hilariously odd... something like, sit in the car with engine off and doors closed, turn the electrics (not the engine) ON and OFF 3 times, then turn electrics back on (you have to do all that within 8 seconds, not super easy to do). Then the horn honks to indicate the current setting. Then - and yes this is true - you have to open and close the driver's side door to cycle through the time setting options.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium
47 Posts
The remote start stopped after about 3 minutes after TSB at the dealer. Then I followed the instructions described by johnsm2. I attached a picture of the programming steps.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts