Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I've made arrangements to pick up a full tan leather interior from a local seller parting out a 2001 Outback Limited wagon. First of all, should I have any concerns of any parts not being compatible with my '04 Outback?

My main question is how to remove the seats. How many bolts and where are they located to remove the rear bench and both front seats? What else should I be concerned of?

Also, while I'm at it, are there any other parts an '01 2.5 Limited would have that my '04 2.5 base model doesn't have that would be worth grabbing?

·
Registered
2000 Limited Wagon 5MT
303 Posts
The front seats have four bolts, I don't know about the rear. The new seats probably have side airbags, so you'll just have to ignore the loose yellow plugs. Grab the power seat wiring pig-tail from the donor car in case the wiring is different. Then you can decide later if you want to change the plug on the seat or your car.

You could get the leather steering wheel and shift knob if it's still there. The under-seat subwoofer AND it's wiring. The rear tweeters maybe, but that's probably not worth it and the wiring probably isn't in your car. What color is the donor? You could go as far as swapping the color matched door handles and mirrors.

I'm not sure how easily removable it is, but your car most likely doesn't have the rotating defrost fins on top of the dash on the driver's side. You can point them at the windshield to blow more are on it instead of the side window.

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have a leather shift knob I picked up from a member here. I planned on picking up the leather steering wheel. I already have one but I do not have the matching airbag and the stock one won't fit. Donor car is that light aqua/seafoam green color with tan interior.

No, mine doesn't have those fins for the defroster... in fact I didn't even know they existed. Neat idea but I doubt it would be worth the frustration of trying to pull them without breaking them. As far as the audio equipment... I was planning on doing a complete aftermarket stereo setup on this car. Is there still a point in grabbing it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts