Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an all-black XT--and intend to religiously wax it. Problem is, how to remove what becomes very visible and white wax from rubber/vinyl parts adjacent to paint (such as roof rack, other non-metal trim)? The stuff dries in there, becomes white, looks like crap and I can't seem to get the stuff off. Suggestions???

Thanks-John

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Maybe a camel hair brush, or boar's hair with a small stiff bristle. Kinda like a toothbrush on steroids. Should get the wax out w/o scratching anything. Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
What I've found works really well to remove it is Eagle One Wax as You Dry. It sounds counter-intuitive but it will easily and completely remove the wax residue from moldings, etc. Kind of makes you wonder what it does to the wax that you want on your car, although I do often use it when drying my car. You can use it on any surface (other than glass), it will shine and leave no residue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Believe it or not, but creamy peanut butter used sparingly works great! I got this tip from a detailer once and have used it ever since. I now use Zaino which if applied correctly does not give any white residue.

Good luck! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Bit of a late response but try Meguiar's Gold Class Trim Detailer.

"Gold Class Trim Detailer uses innovative technology pioneered by Meguiar’s to instantly restore color and richness to faded and discolored trim and molding. Trims are protected so well that the “like new” appearance lasts for weeks, not days. Trim Detailer also helps to remove unwanted contaminants and wax residue. "

·
Registered
32 Posts
harrydog said:
I also heard about the peanut butter from a car wax manufacturer. Haven't tried it though.
I know this is an old thread but I saw this and I have to say this Mother's Back to Black is an excellent product. I think it's like $7.00 or $8.00 for a bottle of it and it takes the wax off the flat black trim of anything. I've been using it for a while now and I'm always happy with it, it goes on kinda creamy and leaves a really clean, crisp finish while removing the wax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
sullie
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing