Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Black Outback
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I repaired the surround foams on a set of external Klipsch computer speaker subwoofers with a Simply Speakers kit. Worked great, sounds great!

I'm about to replace my front door speakers on my 9-speaker McIntosh system due to deteriorated surrounds when I remembered the computer speaker repair I did successfully. The difference this time is that there is plastic "bridge" across the speaker frame that holds the tweeter over the center of the woofer cone making access to the cone hard if not impossible to do a surround foam replacement.

I'm wondering if anyone has repaired a speaker(s) that has a centered tweeter over the woofer and if either a) you can temporarily remove the plastic bridge and get it reinstalled, or you can work around/under the bridge to install the woofer surround foam?

Thanks everyone.
Steven

PS: As I hold the speaker in my hand, I'm realizing that if I can't remove the tweeter bridge then there's no way to place the round surround in place because the bridge and the tweeter wires and importantly the bridge totally block my ability to place the surround down on to the cone. So this repair all depends on if it's possible to remove the bridge to get the surround underneath it on to the surround, Right?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,859 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,300 Posts
I don't have a question, he has a question. I have an answer. (haha I had to be a smartass)

The bridges do come off, I'm just not sure how. Might be able to find a video or something on it. They might just snap in/be glued in and you just have to snap/reglue them once you're done... but that's all just random thoughts at this point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts