Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
04 Subaru Outback Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm the new lucky owner of a Subaru Outback Limited with 51k miles. My wife and I recently completed our holiday travel circuit throughout Minnesota and South Dakota. Upon returning home, I noticed that our Golden Retriever puppy did a bit of teething on the rear seat door panel cowling that is just below the window (i.e. the darker colored surface of the rear door panel - this picture is just a stock photo reference).

There are now about twenty pin-hole sized teeth marks in that portion of the door panel. I'm wondering if there is any way to fix the panel on my own (i.e. filler, etc) or if there is a cheap place where I can purchase a another one of the these top panels?

The guilty . . . fast asleep.

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 06 BMW 325xi wagon, 02 2.5rs, 82 CB750, Polaris XC SP 500, and a single speed bike.
876 Posts
The whole door panel is one piece, unfortunately.... junkyard, or someone here might be parting one out in the classifieds that you could snag.

I wish that dog wasn't so cute. It'd make it a lot easier to talk smack ;)

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,752 Posts
try using a hairdryer to heat the material up. maybe try it 2-3 times, hotter each time as necessary. Sometimes plastics will return the their 'formed' shape with heat.

·
Registered
04 Subaru Outback Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the idea about the hairdryer. I was wondering if that might work, but I wanted to check on the forum before attempting to try it. I will give it a go and see if it helps to close up the holes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.