Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The XM Sirius keeps losing the subscribing when the car is turned off.

The signal from Sirius XM has to be resent each time from XM for it to begin working again.

This issue never occurred during the 4 month free subscription that started in August of 2017.

The issue began in February of 2018 after I upgraded my subscription to radio + streaming.

Not sure if that matters.

Has anyone experienced this? I can't be the only one....

Help is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can Subaru update the head unit over the air?`

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited
1,108 Posts
Try disconnecting the negative cable to the battery for a few minutes. This should 'restart' the radio, hopefully resolving the issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try disconnecting the negative cable to the battery for a few minutes. This should 'restart' the radio, hopefully resolving the issue.
Tried it and the radio reset. Did not resolve issue.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,291 Posts
There may be a new firmware update that might help. Ask your dealer.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Touring 6MT, 2014 GSW TDI 6MT
96 Posts
Sirius coverage was bullet proof until they launched a new satellite in May of 2015 in an attempt to upgrade the NA coverage. That coupled with a now incomplete set of land based antennas has turned the service into complete ****.

I drive about 140km (86mi) round rip a day and it cuts out no less than 10 times. Has happened in 3 different cars, 2 built-in's and a carkit. Sirius always tries to say it's me, not them.

I call every couple of weeks complain, get credit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts